ISIS' Next Plan Involves U.S. Gun Shows

ISIS leaders are encouraging their follower to use new terrorist tactics. One of them being to buy guns at U.S. gun shows in order to take multiple people hostage. Buying these weapons at the gun shows would allow them to avoid background checks. Many of the locations terrorist plan on taking hostages are as follows: night clubs, movie theaters, busy malls/stores, concert halls, university campuses, and many more. Terrorist choose these areas because they are extremely busy and closed off. Another terrible and horrifying way these people take hostages is by placing fake job ads on the internet, allowing them to lead the victims into vacant areas to be killed or taken hostage. The main targets of these terrorist tend to be non- Muslim men in countries such as the United States. 

Do you think gun shows should require background checks in order to avoid these kind of events?

Why do you think ISIS' targets tend to be non-Muslim men?

My opinion: 

I think gun shows should definitely begin to make background checks a routine thing. Although, many buy guns to ensure their own safety, it is better to be safe than sorry. I think that ISIS targets non-Muslim people mainly because they are not Muslim, and ISIS believes that anyone who does not believe in their religion are terrible people. 

Read rest of article here

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I think they should require the background checks because of this reason. I think they target non muslim because they are anti muslim kind of and they wouldnt want to have to convert someone who is muslim because it is harder and that is who they targeted.

• I think buying any gun should require a background check. Because they are not Muslim and if they are men they aren't seen as so much of a civilian.

• I definitely think gun shows should have background checks, I guess I wasn't aware that they didn't already have them, which scares me now. I think their targets are non-Muslim men because they are against non-Muslims because they don't have the same beliefs as them. This whole deal with ISIS is because they hate all people who don't believe the same as them.

• I agree with you that ISIS targets non- Muslim men because they don't have the same beliefs. I also didn't know that gun shows didn't have background check until I read this article. 

• I think that it is a good idea for gun shows to require background checks before guns are sold because you never know what a person plans to do with a gun and this would help keep people safe. I think that ISIS targets non-Muslim men because they don't believe in the same things and ISIS tends to think that anyone who doesn't believe the same things as them should be killed.

• Exactly, no one knows for sure what anyone plans to do with a gun, which is why they should require background checks -in attempt to stop or slow down terrible events from happening. 

• I have never really thought of a situation like this, but I think it's good that it has been brought to our attention.  Terrorist groups are becoming smarter and smarter, and it's quite scary to think about what they are capable of.  I definitely think that background checks should be required at gun shows. I'm definitely a supporter of the 2nd Amendment, but I think background checks should be necessary when purchasing a gun anywhere. I think that these targets tend to be non-Muslim men because ISIS is a highly religious-based group, and if your beliefs don't align with theirs, they believe you should be killed. 

• I agree, terrorist groups are definitely getting much smarter and it is quite terrifying. I too am a supporter of the 2nd amendment, but also agree that background checks should become a routine thing when buying a gun. 

• I think that gun shows should have background checks because by doing this it will make a more protective place. I think there should be a background check to be able to buy a gun because sometimes they get into the hands of people that shouldn't have them.  I think ISIS targets tend to be non-muslim men because of what they believe in and also they think that everyone should believe the way that they do or you are not worthy enough to live. 

• Yes, I think it would avoid problems involving people buying the guns and then using them to kill others. They are easier to blend in within the United States. No on will expect them to be the ones to kill others.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker