Is this boy the real Ryker Webb?

I recently heard about Ryker Webb's case, and I was immediately intrigued to learn more and keep digging. Ryker Webb was a 3-year-old little boy (picture shown below) who lived in rural Montana, near the area of the 18th-mile marker of highway 56, south of Troy, Montana. Ryker was last seen June 3rd, 2022, playing outside with their family dog in the backyard, his parents went inside for a quick minute and when they came back, Ryker was gone. One thing that doesn’t sit right with me about this case, is that Ryker's parents waited 2 hours to call the authorities to report he was missing, weird right? Well, the case gets even weirder. Ryker was missing for around 48 hours, during this time the cops were looking for him. But they didn’t have high hopes. This area of Montana is known for roaming mountain lions and bears. There were also pounding thunderstorms, and temperatures dropped down to the ’40s. 

Two days later, on June 5th, 2022 a family was checking up on their cabin home when they heard a crying/whimpering noise from where their generator sat. They went over to investigate the area and found a little boy huddled inside a lawn mower bag, trying to stay warm. The family immediately called the authorities. When the authorities arrived at the cabin, Ryker looked hungry, thirsty, and cold. Ryker told the authorities that he “Went for a long walk by himself, but got tired and found somewhere to rest”. Ryker was found 2.4 miles away from his home, how did a 3-year-old walk all that ways ALONE through a severe thunderstorm, and mountain lion/bear-invested woods? Lincoln County Sheriff, Darren Short said “He was very, very scared. He had a wide-eyed look across his face” (picture shown below). 

The picture of him before he went missing looks completely different than when they found him, even the facial structure is different. Some people are saying that his traumatized look is from “shell shock”, also known as PTSD. Ryker was also wearing different clothing from before he went missing. But his parents did a DNA test to make sure it was him and it came back that, that child was Ryker. But one thing I don’t understand is, his parents said he had a birthmark when he was born… but when he was found it was missing. Did it just disappear? 

I have so many questions and I read so many different answers. People are thinking, is this the real Ryker? Or is this another child that went missing, and is the real Ryker still out there but was never found? This whole case is very interesting and has so many theories about what truly happened to Ryker so I want to hear your thoughts. 

Why would Ryker’s Parents wait 2 hours to call the authorities about a missing 3 YEAR OLD?

How did a 3-year-old survive in the woods alone, with all the storms and dangerous animals for 48hrs?

Why does he look so much different than before, and was found without his birthmark and in different clothing?

Is this the real Ryker? Or is the real Ryker still out there or passed?

Do you think the parents or someone else was involved with his whole disappearance?

58845755-0-image-a-53_1654725733864.jpg

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I think that the story is a bit off because it took the parents 2 hours to call the police. I know that they were probally looking for him but after about 15 mins they should have called. I also dont think that he could have walked 2.4 miles in that amount of time with only being 3.

• The parents could have been looking for him or contacting family during that 2 hours, but it is still suspicious. I don't know how he could've been surprised that long in those dangerous conditions by himself. It is very weird how different he looks and the lost birthmark, not to mention he was in different clothes. I do not think his parents took him. I do not think that is him I think it is a different kid.

• It is possible that his parents could have been looking for him in and around the house, got an adrenaline rush from a missing child, and forgotten to call until later. The part I don't like is it took them two hours to call. Surely they wouldve called sooner than that? I think he looks different because he didn't have any food or nutrition during these two days. A three year-old could lose a lot of weight without two days of food.

• That would make sense, but it's crazy to me how he supposedly survived 48 hours and walked 2.4 miles in those woods, especially in those weather conditions and with it being heavily populated with mountain lions and bears. It makes me wonder if the real Ryker is still out there.

• Every second counts when a child is missing so the fact they waited 2 hours is really suspicious I don't know how a 3 year old could survive 48 hours on his own let alone walk 2.4 miles away from his house. I am not sure if that is the real kid since he has different clothes and over all looks different. Since the parents waited 2 hours before calling the police I think there is a good chance they could be involved in the child's disappearance.

• The parents could have been kind of in shock about their son going missing and they could have thought he wasn't far so they might have been looking for him. I think that anything is really possible, he could have walked that far in theory, though it does seem very unlikely. I have no idea how he could have gotten different clothes other than if someone had something to do with him and if he had been kidnapped. I keep trying to figure out ways to make it possiable that this all happened without interfearence but I do not know how it could have happened. But if they did a DNA test I do not know how it's possiable that it's not him. I think that most likely someone was involved and could have even been the parents because why would they have needed a DNA test.

• I think it was smart of them to do the DNA test, but a lot of people on social media were pushing it on them. It makes me wonder if maybe they're lying about the results, or maybe they were in on his disappearance for the fame and extra money they thought they could bring in. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker