Is The Internet Making Us Stuipd?

In my opinion it is the internet making us stupid because there are more people that rely on the internet than books. I think that the Internet has reduced our ability to focus changed how our memory functions promoted skimming text over deep critical reading and changed how we interact with people. There are more people out in the world that rely on the internet then books. I think that people use the internet too much and rely on it. There are books out there that can help you figure out your problem instead of using the internet. The Internet has destroyed our ability to focus on and satisfactorily complete one task at a time. I think that the internet is way easier to complete a task then using a book even though using a book takes more time then using the internet is way easier to look something up. I also think that using the internet is taking over more jobs because there are some jobs that you can work from home and not even go into and work in the office. The internet has provided access to people in a way we have never before experience Information that was once accessed through print materials that were not available to everyone and often out of date. The internet took over so much when coivd was around because at the school people used the internet to do online learning. Out on the internet there are a lot of websites that are not reliable. In my opinion there are too many people that rely on the internet.

Do you think the internet is making us stuipd?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I don't think that the internet is making people stupid, but I believe that it has influenced some people to do some things that they wouldn't have done. I think people rely a lot on the internet and that can make us look "stupid" compared to back then when they did everything on there own.

• I do not think that the internet is making us stupid, but I do believe that people rely on it too much. For example, if people don't know an answer to a problem they will just google it instead of trying to figure it out on their own. I can see why people think it's making us stupid, but I disagree.

• I do not think the internet is making us dumb, what is making us somewhat dumb is the things we beleive on the internet or the things we read and see. If people worried about them selfs getting dumb by being on the internet then they should take a break from there phone.

• I wouldn't say the internet is making us stupid, but it definitely is making us less independent, because a lot of people depend on the internet for basic information because they're to lazy to figure it out on their own. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker