Should the driving age be lower?

As you know some teens when they turn 14 can get their permit and get their license when they’re 16. But, in North and South Dakota you can get your permit at 14 but you can get your license at 15 and in New Jersey, you can’t drive until you’re 17. This age range is also about maturity and responsibility for the teen; more than 4,000 teens die each year in car accidents. In 2013 1.25 million people died in vehicle-related accidents. 

Some teens act mature but some also don't and there will be more accidents, I think if some teens can handle it, and some act like they are invincible and can start racing and all that kind of stuff. I believe that the age should be lower to 15 so you can get your license at 15 and not 16 because a lot of teens start working at 14 and some of the teen's parents won't be able to take them and they have some option know as walking or have a family member and sometimes the teen wants to walk even in the cold because they don't wanna waste money on gas. Some teens can handle it and I think that they should lower it because the teen is a lot busier when they turn 15 with school and sports and work. If they do lower the driving age it’ll be easier for the teens and the parents and they won’t get in trouble for going off their route or they won’t get their permit taken away or suspended. If they lower it I think a lot of families will be happy 

In my opinion, the age should be lowered to 15 to get your license because like I said teens will get busier when they turn 15 with school, sports, and work, and if they can get their license then it will be easier for them and the parents. I think that if the age to get your license goes lower to 15 then I think that it will b easier like I said for teens and parents and the parents won't have to contact family members or the teens don't have to walk to work. 

Do you think the driving age should be higher or lower and why?

If the driving should be lower or higher what age should it be?

Do you think it'll be easier for the families or harder?

https://www.safewise.com/faq/auto-safety/raise-driving-age/

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I agree even though it probably gonna be hard on some parents they'll find a way to get around it or find a solution.

• I think that the driving age should be lowered to 15 so if their parents are busy one day and they have something going on they could take their siblings where ever they need to go. I also think that it would be easier for their families if they lowered the driving age.

• I agree because the parents could be busy and they would have no where to drive the kid anywhere like to work or a sports game that they want to go to.

• I think the driving age should be lowered to 15 so the kids who do go to work can drive or make work permits. But since some kids aren't responsible their parents could have a say if they can get it or not. I think it will be easier for parents because they won't have to drive their kids.

• I agree because when they turn 15 then the kids start to get busy and the parents won't be able to take them to work or anything.

• I personally think so. When I was 14 I was probably more capable of driving a vehicle than most adults. Now I understand they don't trust a lot of young people and there could be more car crashes. But they already trust them with school permits, why not just let them drive wherever. Especially in Harlan. 

• I agree because there could be something important going on in Iowa or something know as state sports and they want to drive I think they should get a chance.

• I think the driving age is fine where it is at right now. There are ways to drive before 16 with learner's permits or school permits, and you don't even have to take a driving test if you take driver's ed. Many countries have the driving age at 18, so 16 is already a lowered age. I think many people don't take driving as seriously as they should, and younger people especially may not grasp the consequences of reckless driving.

• I disagree because the kids with the permit still get into trouble because they have to go to work or something important and they get their license suspended.

• I do not think the driving age should be any lower, people have no clue how to drive even as a old age, so no, no kids uner the age of 16 should be able to drive freeley. If the age was lowered that will bring stress and dramma to faimlies and the streets.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker