Should the driving age be lower?

As you know some teens when they turn 14 can get their permit and get their license when they’re 16. But, in North and South Dakota you can get your permit at 14 but you can get your license at 15 and in New Jersey, you can’t drive until you’re 17. This age range is also about maturity and responsibility for the teen; more than 4,000 teens die each year in car accidents. In 2013 1.25 million people died in vehicle-related accidents. 

Some teens act mature but some also don't and there will be more accidents, I think if some teens can handle it, and some act like they are invincible and can start racing and all that kind of stuff. I believe that the age should be lower to 15 so you can get your license at 15 and not 16 because a lot of teens start working at 14 and some of the teen's parents won't be able to take them and they have some option know as walking or have a family member and sometimes the teen wants to walk even in the cold because they don't wanna waste money on gas. Some teens can handle it and I think that they should lower it because the teen is a lot busier when they turn 15 with school and sports and work. If they do lower the driving age it’ll be easier for the teens and the parents and they won’t get in trouble for going off their route or they won’t get their permit taken away or suspended. If they lower it I think a lot of families will be happy 

In my opinion, the age should be lowered to 15 to get your license because like I said teens will get busier when they turn 15 with school, sports, and work, and if they can get their license then it will be easier for them and the parents. I think that if the age to get your license goes lower to 15 then I think that it will b easier like I said for teens and parents and the parents won't have to contact family members or the teens don't have to walk to work. 

Do you think the driving age should be higher or lower and why?

If the driving should be lower or higher what age should it be?

Do you think it'll be easier for the families or harder?

https://www.safewise.com/faq/auto-safety/raise-driving-age/

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I think drivng age is not low enough. By the age of 16 we all have driven a car or vehical before. And we all know its as simple as can be. I think driving age should be 14-15 for license, and 13 for permit. It would be way easier for familys becuase they could get a job and drive themelves. they could also drive themsevles to school.

• I agree because once people start turning 15 then they start to get really busy with work and sports and school and their parents would have to take them but sometimes their parents won't be able to take them.

• I don't think there is anything wrong with the driving age right now. Most 16-year-olds have already been driving for 2 years, so they are already good at it. Some 16-year-olds are better drivers than older people. Changing the driving age to older will just make it harder on parents, but it most likely won't lower the crash numbers.

• I agree with you because the parents would be more stressed if they did raise the age and I think that some kids are mature enough but some aren't mature and they will ruin it.

• I think that the driving age is good where it is, because it works for families who have many kids and it would be confusing if they changed the driving age. I think that lowering the driving age is a bad idea because it would put more drivers at risk and young teens' brains aren't developed enough yet.

• I agree but I think that some kids might be able to handle it if they can't then they shouldn't change their age because like you said their brains aren't developed.

• I think the driving age is fine how it is, its worked for many years, I think that if you made the age older it would not work out for kids who work over 16 because they wont be able to drive to work.

• I agree because the kid's parents has to take them to and from to work and they wouldn't like it because they could have something going on.

• I think that depending on where you live the driving age  can vary. In city's it should definitely be higher so that it is safer. In places that are not city's 16-17 could make sense but lower is kind of dangerous. I think it would depend on the type of family as it their chose to let kids drive.

• I agree but I also think that in not so-called cities it should be lower because it would be easier for the families and the kids.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker