Is technology helping or slowing us down in the workforce?

Is technology helping or slowing us down in the workforce?

What do you guys think, is technology helping or slowing us down in the wor? In my opinion I can see it in both ways. For example, I think technology is more efficient in the workforce in today's world. It can also slow us down a bit but it just does the work for them. In this post I will talk about both the pros and cons of technology in the workforce in today’s world. 

What are the pros in having technology in the workforce in today's world? In today's world companies want to have the most technology so they can be most successful. In my dads company we are pretty old school. We keep our books in a journal. My parents are trying to find a spreadsheet that would make it go a lot faster to do billing. For example the bigger companies that have to keep track of more things, will be all electronically. In my opion I feel that the technology in today's world can go either way. Also, technology can be very helpful in factories. The machines nowadays are all run electronically, and it makes the process 100 times faster. The factories can ship stuff out faster and then they make a bigger profit off the sale for how fast they can make it. 

What are the cons in having technology in the workforce in today’s world? In today’s world all of the companies are trying to find ways to improve their business. So, most companies are using technology so the workers don’t have to do as much and the machines are a lot faster. If a company is using technology to make everything speed up, what if the machine shuts down and then stops working. Then you can’t ship supplies out fast enough and then customers get mad and might not ever order or have work done for them again. So, you lose a customer and it could be multiple ones. 

So, what do you think about having technology in today's workforce? In this post there are both the pros and cons of having technology do the work for you. All the companies in today’s world's main focus is to make everything as fast and efficient as possible. Either it is inside in an office or it is in a factory shipping supplies out to customers in need. 

https://www.protectedtrust.com/technology-in-the-workplace/

https://community.thriveglobal.com/the-pros-and-cons-of-technology-in-a-workplace/

Do you think technology is helping or slowing down the workforce?

Can technology improve anymore?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• It is helping speed up the workforce but it is also taking jobs away from people. Also technology is speeding up the workforce by having little to no human error. Also the technology can work day and night with no rest.

• I think that technology is helping the workforce and bettering businesses as a whole. I think that technology can also become a distraction during jobs and could damage some things. I do believe that technology will continue to improve and advance further and help businesses as a whole. 

• I agree it is bettering the businesses.

• I think that technology is helping the workforce more than it is hurting it. Most of the time technology works well and can get things done efficiently. I also think that technology is constantly getting better, which could also help the workforce. 

• I think it is helping more than it may be damaging. There is so many companies that can accomplish more of what they need to do with technology. Our world is currently running on technology and how we do things and it probably will. However, if people find it distracting to go on their phones while working, then maybe it's bad for them. 

• I think it is a 50/50 some technolgy has helped the work force with mathmatices or programming but it has also slowed down by having malfuctions or having a workers wait on the technolgy to do its thing. For sure technology has can and has improved and is still improving.

• I think technology is helping the buisiness not the people who are working it, I think it is making it go faster. But alot of people are losing jobs. I think technology is gonna get even better through time.

• I agree it is helping the bussiness more than the people.

• I think technology is helping the workforce instead of slowing it down. Using technology while working, seems to make many jobs go much faster and helps you out much more in many ways. Technology has improved so much over these past years. Technology will most definitely improve in many ways in the future, no doubt. 

• I think technology is helping the workforce in a lot of ways. Technology is helping us descover diagnosis diagnosises for lots of different sicknesses. I also think technology can improve a lot more, we just need people to figure out how and what to change.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker