Is technology eliminating jobs?

People say that technology is eliminating jobs. What do you guys think? I think that technology is taking over jobs. Robots are going to be the new workers.

People predict that automation with displace 20 million manufacturing jobs. People also approve of robots taking over their jobs even though some jobs are dangerous or really unhealthy for robots to work. There are more that 3 million robots working since 2020. The percent goes up 10% every year. China has the most robots working for humans at their jobs. If robots start taking over then you won't have money to take care of yourself or others that are in need.

Robots won't always be able to understand what you're saying. If you have a talking disability the robots won't understand you but humans that you have been around will understand those people. How are you supposed to get your food if you order it to go and the robots are only working? Who's gonna give you you're food because the robots won't be able to get to you. I don't think that robots should be working because they won't be good workers.

Questions:

Do you think technology is eliminating jobs?

How can we stop this from happening?

Do you think having a robot for a job would be useful in any way?

Sources

https://builtin.com/artificial-intelligence/ai-replacing-jobs-creating-jobs

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/06/26/robots-could-take-over-20-million-jobs-by-2030-study-claims.html

https://studyfinds.org/replaced-by-a-robot-automation/

https://www.zippia.com/advice/automation-and-job-loss-statistics/

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I think that technology is taking over jobs in many areas. I don't think that we need to keep getting more and more robots. Yes, they are and can be nice, but do we really need all of them? I don't think that we can really change the number of robots that there already is because the population of these robots is just going to keep growing no matter what. 

• Yes, I think that technology is eliminating jobs because a lot of the machines now a days are taking peoples spots in a job or company. Back in the day people used to weld cars together but now they have machines to do all that and it took peoples jobs away.

• Yes, I think technology is eliminating jobs. I think that we can stop this from happening by getting rid of the robots and machines. The only problem with getting rid of all of the robots and machines is that there are a lot of jobs where people make those robots and machines, so in the long run you are eliminating jobs either way.

• I don't think that technology is going to be a huge problem for people to find jobs. Yes, I do think that with more and more businesses using machines it is going to impact the need for human labor, but it (hopefully) won't eliminate the need for us to work. Having a robot would probably make layoffs more common, but I doubt that it will be all that harmful to the human workforce.

• Yes, in some cases robots are eliminating jobs. I think this because more and more robots are put in factories taking over jobs that people have left, and don’t necessarily plan on going back to. No, I don’t think that we can stop it from happening anytime soon especially if nobody wants to work. I think robots could be very useful in the future and they could potentially help build a business for the better.

• I personally think that technology is taking over jobs in almost all areas. I don't know how we could stop this issue from happening, but technology is taking over jobs that humans used to do very quickly. 

• I feel robots are taking over jobs and i think they should only be used for certain jobs like construction, stores, repair, manufacturing, and other jobs that don't invole human life. On that matter, robots shouldn't replace pharmacists, surgens, nurses, and other jobs like that.

• I do think in certain instants, technology is eliminating jobs. I think that technology helps jobs more than hurts though. The increase in robots has increased the need for computer programmers, coders, and lots of cyber jobs. I feel like the evolution of technology is really beneficial to the US and the world. 

• I don't believe that technology is eliminating all the jobs. They aren't really eliminating them they are actually helping the, and business are more succesfull because of it. In my opion I am glad that in todays world we have technology that is helping all the business in some way.

• I do think that technology is eliminating jobs because of how near perfect and effecient and cheap they are to maintain and on how well they do their tasks. I do not think we can stop this from happening because we should have stopped it earlier. For example, if checkers were getting fired in walmart for self checkouts in 2005 then 2023 will replace way more people in way more job areas.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker