Is rock music dying?

Over the last couple of years/decades, people have been growing away from rock music and more into other music genres like hip-hop, rap, and pop music. But there has still been some question as to if rock music is dying or if it's staying the same, and people still love it. The fact of the matter is that it is dying and newer generations have stopped listening to it. 

Many people from older generations got huge into rock. I mean it was like the music that everyone listened to. But as time went on a lot of their kids stopped listening to rock music or never did. Not saying different music is bad and that everyone should listen to rock. But it certainly has become less popular over the last few decades.  A lot of parents have even grown away, trying to expand into other genres of music, some even the ones their kids listen to. Especially now since radio listening has declined a lot over the last decade, most people choose what type of music they like. Verses on the radio if a rock station is the only thing you can get, most people would just listen to that. But it is still a matter of choice. A lot of parents don't want their kids to listen to rock music because it can promote violence and drugs. 

Apparently, the decline of rock music has been due to today's generation listening to other types of music. They say that most teenagers listen to genres such as pop and hip-hop. Thankfully they say rock is still popular among teenagers and young adults. They also say that rock music is still the most popular genre to listen to... that is for adults over the age of 30 though. 

The plus side to it is the concerts that newer generations have been going to. Now we have a lot of concerts coming to big cities and in a study, more people enjoy a rock and roll concert rather than a rap concert. But all of this is opinion based, especially when rap and hip-hop are the highest-selling concert ticket sales in the U.S. 

Either way, whatever people decide to listen to, they say rock music isn't going to die or never will die. It may become less popular over time, but the likelihood of people that will stop listening to it is a very low chance. Listen to whatever music you like, but rock and roll is always a good decision. 

Do you think rock music is dying?

Would you listen to rock music?

Do you like rock music? Why or why not? 

Source 1

Source 2

Source 3

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Great topic choice and well done Jeb!!

• I do think rock is dying a little bit but a lot of it is still around. I feel that not as many people listen to rock as much as they did back then. I feel when your parents listened to rock when they were younger then you may like it too. I do listen to some rock because my mom got me into it.

• Yeah, I like the input you gave on your opinion about rock music. 

• I think that rock is dying. More and more people are listing to hip-hop, rap, and pop music then rock. And now most rock music is not being play and other types of music are taking over rock music.

• In my opinion rock is dying more and more over the years. Rock is not a very popular type of music and less people listen to it. I don't personally listen to rock music and I don't like it either. I don't like it because I am not used to listening this type of music and don't really enjoy it.

• I think that rock music is probably is dying because many people are starting to listen to other genres of music. Many people listen to country or pop nowadays. Personally, I don't really listen to rock music that often, but some rock songs are pretty good. 

• I think that rock music is dying out because there is many other genras of music people would rather kisten to. Most people do not like the loud rock music and cant understand what they are saying. I personally do not listen to rock music and dont want to. 

• Yeah, I can see how you think that. 

• In my opinion, I think the rock music is dying. Nowadays people like listening to pop or country, it's more calming and not as hard as rock music. I don't remember the last time I heard a rock song. I kinda like it but I definitely like country way music more, its just not as loud.

• I think rock music is dying. Now-a-days everyone listens to pop or country and rock is not as cool anymore. I like to listen to the band, Queen, and they make rock music. I like it but I definetly like country music more. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker