According to experts,  living in the city  is more beneficial and provides more opportunites to its citizens.  By living in the city more opportunities for jobs, social activities, and amenities are available. People have access to many different stores and more options for education. Entertainment and other things people enjoy aren't far away. The average number of people living in a smaller city is 100,000 people, meaning cities can be stressful and chaotic for some people. With high populations, traffic, pollution, and crime rates are very high. 

Country living provides a peaceful environment with cleaner air, less noise, more privacy, more space and more safety. Living in the country is less stressful than a dirty, noisy city. Living in the country can better your health and decrease health risks. Pollution rates run high in busy cities with many factors increasing the rate including factories and car traffic. In the country, few factors contribute to the health of the air. This means living in the country is more beneficial to your health. With little to no neighbors, the traffic is low and it's very quiet if that's what you prefer. There are a lot more pros to living in the country compared to the city.

I don’t think that living in the city is more beneficial than living in the country. I live in the country now and when I am older I want to live outside of a smaller town away from people. I enjoy the quiet and peacefulness of the country now and wouldn’t want that to change. I wouldn’t ever want to live in the city. I think that living in the country is more beneficial to people's health and well-being.

Do you live in the country or the city?

When you are older, where do you want to live?

Which do you think is more beneficial?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I have lived both the city and on a farm and I can say they are both very different. I don't like one more that the other to be honest. In the city there is so many places you can go to get things and everything is more accesable. While in the country you don't have anyone around to "bother" you, if you like living quietly. But when I get older I would probably prefer living in the city. 

• I think that living in the country is better than living in the city. In the city you may be closer to things happening by you but you dont have a lot of freedom. In the country you have freedom to do a lot of things. When im older I would prefer to live in the country rather than the city. 

• I do think that having more freedom and space is better than living in a busy city.

• I think living in the city is better than living in the country. You are closer to everything which saves time and money. You are closer to your friends too. Benifits to living in the country are lots of space and and sometimes no neighbors, which can be nice.

• I live in the country.  I think that living in the country is one hundred times better than living in the city. You have more freedom if you live in the city.  I think that living in the country is better for mental health. When I am older I would like to live in the country. 

• I live in a "city", but I think it would be nicer to live in the country when I'm older. Living in the country gives you peace and quiet and it's a lot more "free" in the country, you can learn how to drive and get future job experiences when you live in the country. Being in the city area is nice because there are stores nearby, but in my opinion, the experience of living in the country is more beneficial.

• I agree, theres a lot more privacy and peace in the country. 

• I have lived in the country my entire life. That's why I want to try living in a city for college. That way, I can figure out if I like the city life or not. Right now, I like the opportunities a life in the city can offer. There are also a lot more diverse people and more stores, etc. 

• I have lived in both bigger cities and the country. The country is definitely more peaceful and clean, but the city is so much fun. I enjoy the chaos that comes with living in the city. I also like how close you are to stores, entertainment, big hospitals, etc. I will either be living in the city when I'm older, or in a suburb right outside of a big city. 

• I live in the country and I really like living there. If I can when I'm older, I'd love to keep living in the country. I like the privacy and peacefullness in the country. The only thing that would be nice about living in the city is being close to many stores and things like that. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker