Is L.A. the rap murder capital?

On Sep 12, 2022 rapper PnB Rock was shot and killed while eating at Roscoe’s Chicken & Waffles in South Los Angeles. The whole Rap community spoke out about this situation. Some famous Rapper and Athletes such as Cardi B, Nicki Minaj, J.R. Smith, and DeSean Jackson said their condolences. There is a certain rapper who made a comment about this situation that switched the propecstion. The Rapper Boosie said out in a tweet the LA is now consider the rap murder captial. He told all the people that visit that are in the rap game to be careful and cautious on what they do and post on social media.

One thing that lead to this murder was PnB Rock girlfriend post something on social media and have the location on where they were eating which lead to his death later. In the last five year they have been big artists that have died too while living in LA or visiting. In 2020 rapper Pop Smoke was robbed and killed while staying in AirBnb in Los Angeles. Then in 2019 rapper Nipsey Hussle was shot and killed while with his daughter coming out of his clothing store he had in Los Angeles, the Crenshaw area. 

If you were a big Rap artist would you want to visit L.A. now?

Do you think rappers should not post certain things while with family or loved ones? 

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Anthony,

Murder stories are not the greatest to do as they don't lead to good discussion. You also didn't reply to any student comments and it was a tad late as well. 

• I think that when a rapper or someone famous gets killed I think that they might have had something bad going on behind the scenes. Although a lot of people are killed in L.A. that are famous there are probally a lot of bad things going on in LA that result in the killings. 

• If I was a rap artist I would visit L.A. still because it's a beautiful city and it's your job to work in maybe conditions that aren't ideal. Rappers can post anything they want whether that's if they are in L.A. or even in New York.  I feel that most rappers are killed due to gang violence, and drugs, but really you can die from anything. I would not let this city hold me back as a rap artist.

• No i feel like rapers are killed/murdered becuase of something they have done, if its gang violance drugs or whatever I believe it has something to do with them. In cases like the famous raper xxxtentacion he was killed in his car by someone at a bike shop. Do i know if he did something, no i dont know he might have but I think it can happen anywhere.

• I believe you can post anything you want as long as you didn't do anything wrong if you did something wrong with like the law then it is probably not the best idea to post where you are. If I was a big rap artist I would probably visit all of the big places and travel all around the world.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker