After a study in 2018 even though it's a small precentage around 4.7% of pregnant women were using marijuana and 5.4% were reported of using marijuana in 2019,according to a government study. An analysis says, "more than 10,000 children aged 11 and 12 revealed that exposure to marijuana in utero was assoicated with a higher risk of developing disorders such as ADHD, aggressive behavior, and rule-breaking behavior."  Using marijuana during pregnancy instead of using prescription drugs to help with headaches increases the chance of the baby having long term problems with behavior or cognition.

The ABCD (Adolesent Brain Cognitive Develpoment) study is a long term study, which is supported by the National Institutes of Health has been tracking the brain development of about 12,000 children using MRI scans. The brain scans of children "Showed a hint of a potential impact of cannabis," said the study's first author, David Baranger, a postdoctoral research associate Washington University in St. Lous.

I understand completly that pregnant women can do what they want to during their 9 months of pregnancy, but is taking a drug that'll change their child long term and even change them mentally better than taking a prescribe drug that'll take a little bit longer to kick in but still help.  I think it would be better if the 4.7% and the 5.4% of women should take the choice of not using marijuana during pregnanacy.

Do you think it's safe for women too use marijuana during pregnancy?

What do you feel about pregnant women using marijuana for nausea?

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/womens-health/marijuana-use-pregnancy-may-harm-childrens-mental-health-rcna47280

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Good topic choice and well done overall Daniel! Work on the title as it's a bit long.

• I do not think that it is safe for women to use marijuana during pregnancy. This has an impact on another human being and pregnant people should be aware of this and responsible enough. In the end, it is a drug and has a big impact on your health. 

• I do not think that it is safe for women to use marijuana while being pregnant. I believe that the effects can be similar to alchohol consumption while being pregnant and it can put the baby in danger. I believe that no pregnant women should smoke under any circumstances and there are other solutions to things like nausea. 

• In my opinion, preganant women should not use the drug marijuana. Any drug or Alcohol is bad for you if you are prganant because it messes with the child when its developing. MArijuana is already bad for you even if you take it without being preganant and it has many side effects so if you are preganant you should not be able to. 

• I agree you should not be taking marijuana if you're pregnant or if you're not pregnant.  Being pregnant and using marijuana has many side effects mostly long term for the baby and even for the mother too.

• In my opinion, pregnant women should not be able to use marijuana. For the same reason the women can't drink or smoke during pregnancy, they should not be able to use marijuana. Using any type of drug while being pregnant can affect the way the baby developes. If the mother did choose to use marijuana, she should be 100% aware of the side effects and only use it if a doctor approves of it.

• Right if a mother wants the risk her childs health by drinking or smoking they should think about their childs life after that.  A mother should think about all the risk of the drugs she takes before consuming them.

• In my opinion, pregnant women should not be able to use marijuana. There are many other medications to use for problems and pains during pregnancy.  Using marijuana is not safe for the baby and it is harmful to the mother. It is a parent's duty to protect the baby and do things to better the baby and it's life.

• I really don't think pregnant women should be able to use marijuana for nausea. There are so many other safe medicins that can help with nausea. Its not safe for the baby and its not really safe for the mother. The mother could get addicted and really hurt the baby.

• I completely agree with you there are other safe medicines to use for nausea instead of marijuana.  Pregnant women gotta worry about the baby too. The child may be changed long term because the parent wanted to shortcut some nausea.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker