should homework be banned?

Homework can be very stressful for students, but also spending to much time on homework can affect a student developmental need and other life skills. Some students don't even do there homework anyways because they have more stuff to do. It can alost affect a students mental health in many ways. It can cause a person to loose lack of sleep which can cause them to do worse on the test or in school. Homework is basicly just judging somone with a letter and people want that perfect A but some cant get that perfect A, but when they get that F they feel like they are doing something wrong and there parents or whoever is taking care of them gets mad and think tha taking there stuff away will help them get that grade up but it really dont. 

Do you think homework should be banned?

Do you have that perfect A?

What do you think about homework?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I do not think homework should be banned, however, I feel like it should be reduced. When students have an hour of homework on top of sports, activities, work, or just time to relax it starts to push into their sleeping time. I think students have way too much homework as it is right now.

• I agree. I am not against a little bit of homework sometimes, but with the amount we have sometimes now, it is hard to get it all done if you are in sports or have a job. It would be nice to get home and have time to relax and not have to worry about school.

• While I don't beieve that homework should be banned, I do believe the ammount given should be limited. Finland is the only country that has proven that a more relaxxed schooling can lead to a higher quality education by limmiting homework and tests. Teachers should strive for quality, not quantity.

• I think homewrk should be an option or depending on someones grade. We are already at school for 8 hours, there is no need for students to go home and stress about it school there too. Some teachers give out homework too much and a lot of the time the kids don't even understsand it so how are they supposed to get it done if they don'y know what they're doing. 

• Homework shouldn't be banned altogether, but there should be less of it because giving homework Isn't where we learn. Homework there for teachers to see if you know what your doing, but they often had out too much of it. I think most work should be done in class.

• I do think homework should be banned. This is due to the fact that kids in high school get so much that they can't focus on their mental and physical health. They are too worried about getting their homework done and being a "perfect" student. I personally used to have perfect straight A's, but that changed this week. I have no problem with it, as long as I pass.

• I think homework should be banned because it hardly ever helps with understanding unless the teacher helps you do it. I have always had all A's and B's but I also have to spend a lot of personal time on homework. I think homework should be done at school so the teacher can actively help and explain the subject.

• I don't think homework should be completely banned. It can help make sure you understand the topic but I do think it does cause some people to stress trying to meet all deadlines and turn in dates. I think if you stay on task and make use of your time then you might not have any or as much to do when you get home. 

• I think that homework should only be in class. Also i think it should just be used for parts not for grades because for most people it adds stress to them. Instead of being grades ithink the class should go over it in class and check it and the class can ask questions.

• Homework shouldn't be graded, many teachers use homework as more practice. It should be the kid's choice whether they choose to or not, for like a check for understanding. No, I am far from that perfect A, although I usually don't do homework my test reflects how well i understand. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker