Is Daylight Saving Time Good?

Changing sleep patterns, even by one hour, goes against a person’s natural circadian rhythms and has negative consequences for health. One study found that the risk of a heart attack increases 10% the Monday and Tuesday following the spring time change. Researchers found an increase in cluster headaches after the fall time change. 55% of Americans said they are not disrupted by the time change, 28% report a minor disruption, and 13% said the change is a major disruption. Longer daylight hours make driving safer, lowers car accident rates, and lowers the risk of pedestrians being hit by a car. Also, daylight in the evening makes it safer for joggers, people walking dogs after work, and children playing outside, among others, because drivers are able to see people more easily and criminal activity is lowered.

Should Daylight saving time be changed 

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I dont think that we need daylight savings time anymore because it was originally for the farmers because they didnt have as good of equipment or lights. I think that we should get rid of it because it becomes a bother now and farmers do not need it anymore. 

• I think that we don't need it. Lots of people end up with migranes or serious headaches while the time change is happening. Yes it makes things safer, but people can be safe without daylight saving. 

• I don't think it should be changed beccause I feel like it just throws everyone off and some people get confused even for older people.

• I agree that it throws people off when the time is changed and also people forget to set the clocks back a hour. But I think it's good for the envierment becuase we a gain a an other hour.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker