Is Becoming Vegan Pointless?

These days more and more people are becoming vegan because they think it is helping save the animals, but is this lifestyle actually better for the world? Becoming vegan is a bad idea because it is impossible to avoid using any animal products, veganism harms wild animals, and the vegan diet is not healthy.

A vegan's goal is to not eat or use any animal products because they think it saves animals lives, and is better for the world. However, vegans rarely realize how many products have some type of material made from animals in them. Many beauty products contain products from animals. For example, make-up, nail polish, perfume and more all come from animals. Some of the fluids in your car also contain animal products, and if you think that a Tesla doesn’t use animal products because it doesn’t have an engine, the leather in the interior is made from animal skin also. There are so many products that include things from animals to be made, and I would encourage you to read about some sometime.

Many vegans believe by eating only vegetables it will save animals' lives, however, this is not exactly true. Farmers are having to find more land to farm because of the increasing demand for plants. This is causing farmers to take more land to grow plants, which takes away from wild animals habitats. Without the correct habitat, animals do not have the correct environment to live in. Farmers are trying to use GMOs to produce more plants in less land, but people have a problem with that too, even though GMOs do not harm anything.

Without eating animal products like meat, humans can not naturally get the correct nutrients they need to live healthily. Without eating foods from animals people will start to have deficiencies in vitamin B12, iron, magnesium, calcium, zinc, and high quality protein. People will also experience a lack of omega-3. A lack of omega-3 is likely to cause depression. A lack of omega-3 is also known to help develop schizophrenia, dementia, bipolar disorders and more.

Several studies show that living a vegan lifestyle does not have major effects in helping the world, and the vegan diet is not healthy. Only the bad things that happen on bad farms tend to get spread to the public, which spreads the view that animal farming is very cruel and inhuman, however, I can tell you from experience that not all animal farms are that way. All in all, a vegan lifestyle is not smart, because it still harms wild animals, it is not healthy and more. So if you are contemplating becoming vegan, I would encourage you not to, and thank a farmer next time you see one.

Do you think becoming vegan is stupid, explain?

Do you think a vegan diet is healthy?

Would you ever become Vegan, explain?

https://www.saintlukeskc.org/about/news/research-shows-vegan-diet-leads-nutritional-deficiencies-health-problems-plant-forward#:~:text=Compared%20to%20the%20standard%20American,%2C%20and%20high%2Dquality%20protein.

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I remember hearing somewhere that being vegan can actually hurt more animals than saving them. Cause there was this type of vegan food to buy that they would grow in the mountains or something. And to grow it all of these birds and animals would try to eat it and the farmers would have to kill them. So there are definitely 2 sides to this argument. 

• That is a very good point too. There are so many ways that veganism actually hurts animals and the environment that people do not relize.

• I think that switching to vegan is silly. I feel that meat is needed in everyone's diet. Meat makes the world go round in my opinion. It allows people to get the protein and fats needed to live a healthy lifestyle. I would never become vegan because I am a big meat eater and that will never change.

• I think that switching your diet to vegan is very stupid. I think that meat should be included in everyone's diet. Meat is a great way of getting proteins and fats. Also, I don't think that saving animals lives is that important. This cycle of animals eating animals has gone on since the dawn of time. It's just the cycle of life.

• I know you enjoy working out, and that you understand what nutrients your body needs to be healthy and grow. I can see that you realize how big of a role meat plays in a healthy diet. I also agree that consuming animal products is a cyle of life that has gone on for a very long time.

• Yeah I believe being vegan is pointless. Most vegans that I've seen look unhealthy and skin and bones. Vegans don't realize that farmers help grow there food and kill every animal in the garden. A vegan diet doesn't seem healthy whats so ever. Meat should be in every meal. 

• Yes, becoming a vegan is point less. You live in a state that has some of the best farmers that work there tail off to put food on your table. Also, what is the point of the farmers if people are turning vegan. Your food is made in a factory not in the field. 

• I don't think becoming vegan is stupid because some people don't like the idea of it being a live animal once. It can be healthy if you are still getting the nutrients you need. If I had to become vegan I think I could but I wouldn't for no reason. 

• I think that veganism is not a very smart thing to be but I won't stop anyone form being vegan. I would never become vegan because I love steak too much.  You don't get all of the nutrients you get from a regular diet, and it actually doesn't help the environment like most vegans think it does, it actually harms it. 

• I dont necessarily think veganism is stupid because not every vegan does it to protect animals, but I dont think it helps the earth a whole lot like people think it does. Some people are vegan because of many things like texture or maybe they just dont like meat. I think too many people eat meat for vegans to actually make a difference if that is their goal. They arent really helping anything much but its personal preference so if someone wants to be vegan thats their choice. I would never personally because we eat a lot of meat in my family so I dont think I would even succeed. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker