Is America the best at sports?

Is America the most athletic country in the world? Of course, it is, we dominate in the Olympics, baseball, football, and basketball and even our college sports trump other countries' athletics events. We are the best of the best and have the greatest competition on Earth.
First, we crush other countries in the Olympics. America holds 2, 548 medals but that is doubled compared to the country that comes in second, the USSR, which has 1,204 medals. Also, America has hosted 8 Olympic games which are the most any country has hosted.
Second, when it comes to pro sports we are also a much better country. The NBA is the best basketball league in the world. Players from other countries want to come here to play, for example, Bol Bol who is from Sudan, Dirk Nowitzki who is from Germany, and Yao Ming who is from China all came here to play basketball. Now, this is the same with baseball. There are many other countries with good baseball leagues and even good national teams but a lot of the players work to make it to America so they can show they can play with the best competition on the globe.
Last, college sports in America are just elite. Even small JUCO schools and NAIA schools are bigger than the ones in other countries. An example of how big college sports are in America compared to other countries is that 22 million people watched the college football national championship but only 6 million watched the British Open.
In summary, America is the best sports country in the world, dominating in so many sports. In my unbiased opinion, I think America is not just the greatest country in the world, we are the most athletic country in the world.

Do you think America is the best at sports?

Are you a sports fan?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I think that America is very good and well at sports but there are some sports other places do way better then we do. I feel that some countries are way better at us in other sports. Like football as an example some countries dont even have football some call football soccer. I think am a sports fan I enjoy watching sports its very entertaining but I beleive america is one of the best.

• I think that the usa is the best in the world. We have twice the amount of olympic medals. If you sent the best football team to any other country I would bet that the usa becomes the winner of that game. 

• I would say that America is very good at sport but they are not the best. For example Usain Bolt is the fastest guy in the world and he isn't from America. Not once has the Americans been able to beat Usian Bolt in a race. Also, in other sports the Americans have been beaten. 

• I do not think that America is the best at every sport, I do think that they are the best at few sports. I think that other countrys are way better at swimming, soccer, and other cold sprots. I am a sports fan to some sports others just bore me on the otherhand.

• I think that America is best at certain sports but I wouldn't say they are best at every sport. Such as Hockey, Canada is way better in Hockey because that is their main sport. While America is best at american football because that is a main thing in America. Personally I really like to watch Hockey instead of any other sport. America is a good country at sports but I wouldn't say they are the best.

• I think the United States is the bast at some sports.  They are dominant in basketball in the olympics however, they struggle in baseball and soccer.  The USA baseball team struggles to beat Cuba each and every year.  I do agree that the United States has some very good athletes but I don't know if we are the best.

• I think that United States is very good at sports. United States put a lot of time toward training the athlete. Most of athlete do very well when they normally compete. I also think like the olympic there is other countries that are sometimes better than the united states.

• I think that the United States is very good at sports. If you go and look at the stats they are mainly the greater country in the world. We have won twice the amount roughly compared to the second place country. I think that sports are very good for humans. 

• I think that it is pretty obvious when you look at the stats that the United States is the greater country in the world from an athletic point of view. If you look to see how many medals that our country has won over the years is double the number of medals of the country in second. Not only that, but you can look at the number of viewers for the sporting events as well.

• I think that it is pretty clear when looking at the statistics that the United States of America is the greatest country in the world from an athletic standpoint. Seeing that we have won double the medals that Russia has. As well as, looking at the number of viewers for the sporting events.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker