Is allowing student to play games at school a good idea

Some say they provide experiential learning for the students that play games. Doing so teaches students relative skills more suited to the era. One such skill is creative problem solving which is the best for the future workplaces , according to the organization for economic co-operation and development. Games where students solve math problems in a fantasy environment, can help students master skills such as critical thinking.

Others may say that playing video games messes with people's sleep schedule or job/school work, then you’d much rather have to take a step back and reschedule your time limits. Some people worry about the health issues that come with playing games too much like damaged eyesight, lack of exercise, violent tendencies, even seizures.

I personally think that allowing kids the freedom to play games is a great idea. I feel like if students are allowed to play games they would be more focused when they are in class.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/10/14/learning/what-students-are-saying-about-video-game-limits-parental-involvement-in-dating-and-road-trips.html

https://today.tamu.edu/2021/09/06/5-reasons-video-games-should-be-more-widely-used-in-school/

Do you believe that games should be allowed in school?

Do you think that games should only be limited to home?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Kids should be able to play school-appropriate games during study halls, but they shouldn't be able to play games during class. I think kids should be limited from spending too much time at home on a video games.

• I think people should be allowed to play games if they are done with their assignments and/or classwork. It is dumb how some teachers don't let students play games or be on their phones even if they are caught up in that class. 

• I think it should be ok if kids play games if they have everything done. I don't think they should be able to play them during important classes like math and english or whatever, but they should be able to play in study halls and win times, etc.

• I think that games can be very beneficial to kids' learning, but to a certain extent. If kids think that school is all games, the won;t know what hit them when they face a hard test or they get to college. I think that learning through games can help information stick in kids' brains better, though, especially when they are younger.

• i believe that allowing students to play games is a good thing. It gives our mind a break and helps us relax when stressed about school. I think games should be limited but not to only at home. I think how they have it now it completely fine. the have some games blocked but not all of them.

• I believe that allowing games at school would not allow kids to learn and would the school a non-fun place. I think this because if there are bad test scores the school will have to be more strict and nobody wants that. I think that if someone were to play games anywhere and not study that would be on them.

• I think there should be games and the good games shouldn't be blocked. When your done with work in the class you should be able to play a game because theres not much to do. I do think that kids shouldn't be able to play games whenever and defiantly shouldn't have games like minecraft or fortnite. Just simple games work good enough.

• I do think games should be limited at school with certain limits. For example, if a teacher says that "If you're done you can play games on your computer", then I believe it is somewhat ok to do with permission. But I don't think that games should be just limited to at home. I think there should be a somewhat happy medium. 

• I think that as long as kids are passing every class or atleast the one the play games in then they should be able to play game in that class. I think that games should be allowed during school and at home as long as everyone is passing classes and behaving in school.

• I think that games should be allowed to be played if the student is done with their work. Students should not be allowed to play games in class if they are failing or have missing work. I think if a student is choosing to play games and not listen that is their fault and their own choice.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker