IRAN THINKS THEY'RE TOUGH....

Image result for iran vs america army sizeImage result for argo embassy

The country of Iran has been a problem for the US since the 70’s. Recently they have been making poor decisions that may lead to someone else raising their sons and daughters. They held our people hostage, shot down our drone, and stormed our embassy. Trump said enough is enough and cut off the head of their military(Qasem Soleimani) with one drone strike. Warned multiple times, Iran still retaliated, but thanks to an early warning system and strong defences, our Air Force base in Iraq didn’t suffer any casualties from their missile strikes. Iran seemed to be backing down but just recently shot down a civilian Ukranian aircraft. I’m not sure what Iran’s goal is, but one thing is for sure, if they keep this up, their ignorance will lead to their downfall. But what do you think?

1. We outnumber Irans military 7 to 1 but would you be worried about what would happen if we went to war with them?

Not one bit, they have no allies that will help them, the rest of the world hates them, their military is weak, and we have more expirence in war than any other country. Iran wouldn't last five days if we went to war.

2. What would you have done if you were in Trumps shoes?

The same thing Trump did. Payback for our drone and embassy, cripple military, display power, give them multiple warnings, and threaten to go to war.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/newsround/42555015

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Good effort in your summary Koby but you didn't reply to the two comments whch is worth 20 points.

• I'd be worried about them bombing cities with nuclear bombs, especially considering we have some very dense cities, otherwise we'd certainly beat Iran in a war unless Russia, who has a pact with them, comes in, we'd still likely win BUT we would suffer much greater casualties. I would not have ordered the strike on soleimani considering this pressed higher tensions.

• I would be a little scared to start a war with Iran just because wars in general are scary, but I wouldn't be terrified. I wouldn't be worried about dying or anything like that because I know that America the stronger country and we would win easily. I would've given them a little bit of time to learn from their mistakes, but after awhile, you have to say enough is enough and put your foot down. That being said,  I don't completely disagree with Trump's decision because they were "poking the bear" and it was only a matter of time before we had to stop them.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker