Iowa's new gun laws

On March 14 a new gun law was passed for Iowa. The bill includes a "stand your ground" provision that says a law-abiding person does not have a duty to retreat before using deadly force. It would also allow people under age 21 to possess a pistol or revolver while under direct supervision of a parent or guardian who is at least 21 years old. It would create a uniform permit to carry weapons and provides for five-year permits to acquire handguns rather than single-year permits.

link

Questions 

how do you feel about this law?

do you feel it is ok to protect your home family and property or let the robber do what ever they want 

my opinion i think this is a good law because can protect your family and your house. if some one tried to enter my house with intent on robbing me or threaten me i would try to stop them to protect me my family and my house. 

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• It is a good law as long as people are using thee gun for protection only. I think it is okay to protect your home and family because If you don't the robber could escape before the police can come to arrest them or the person might try and kill you.

• I feel that this law is a good law. As long as you are just using the gun for protection. If someone came into my house they would be on my property, and if they were going to hurt me or my family, I would try to do everything in my power to protect me and my family and that means doing what every it takes to protect them.

• Like this new law and think that it could stop a lot of robberies. I think it is OK to protect your home and family because If you don't the robber could escape before the police are able to come arrest them.

• I think it is a good law and could protect families in cities where crime rates are high. I don't think the victim should kill the intruder.  This being said, I think the law could get out of hand and potentially do more harm than good. 

• I think that this new law is a good law to have now. It allows you to get rid of the intruder a lot quicker now so they can't run threw your house. I would want to protect my family as much as I could. I would not kill the robber. I would just shot them in the leg so they are not mobile. 

• I feel like it would be going to about a somewhat normal degree of regard for carrying a firearm maybe a bit overboard, but I feel like this could probably help stop criminals from performing crimes. Yes, protecting your family and property is what you need to do from a robber cause they are not like bullies they will keep robbing and stealing if you don't stop them.

• I Feel it is better than  the old law because with the old one you were supposed to go to the farthest room and that gives them a way to take more things and now you can just not deal with them and end it. I feel it is ok to protect your family and property!

• I dont really care about guns ive never felt the need to have one. No one in my family owns a gun but i think the law is nice. I think this law could prevent people from getting robbed as much.

• I think this law could help many people if they are getting attacked. They could protected there family's better by having more control. This law could be dangerous also people could lie and just shoot them. I hope people just use the law safely.

• I think it is good because you can protect your friends and family. You can also have self defense if someone is attacking you. I think that is the right thing to protect your home and your family because the robber is doing wrong. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker