Iowa's new gun laws

On March 14 a new gun law was passed for Iowa. The bill includes a "stand your ground" provision that says a law-abiding person does not have a duty to retreat before using deadly force. It would also allow people under age 21 to possess a pistol or revolver while under direct supervision of a parent or guardian who is at least 21 years old. It would create a uniform permit to carry weapons and provides for five-year permits to acquire handguns rather than single-year permits.

link

Questions 

how do you feel about this law?

do you feel it is ok to protect your home family and property or let the robber do what ever they want 

my opinion i think this is a good law because can protect your family and your house. if some one tried to enter my house with intent on robbing me or threaten me i would try to stop them to protect me my family and my house. 

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• 1. I think it is a good thing but could also be a bad thing if used incorrectly. It's a good idea because if you are under attack or at gun point, you can defend yourself. 

2. I think it's okay to protect your family but not kill the robber. I think that if the robber has no weapon or is just wanting to steal/no harm, then you should not go as far as to kill him.

• your second point is correct you don't have to kill them you can shoot them n the leg if they hurt you first

• I think that it can be a good thing and a bad things. It is good that it gives you defense in case of emergency but some people could lie about it and just shoot as an attack. I feel that it is good to protect your house and family with defense against a intruder but to not shoot someone for no reason.

• I agree with you but I don't think some one would randomly shoot some one

• I think it is good because then someone can actually defend themselves if under attack. I think it's good to protect your home and family because what the robber is doing is not right. 

• I feel like this is a good law, it gives a person who is following the rules the right to defend them selves if someone was attacking them or if someone was trying to break into their house. I feel like it is completely ok to defend your family and property, the robber is breaking the law, they are in the wrong.

• I think this law is good because you can now legally protect your family and house. I would definitely protect my family then let the robber come in and take whatever they want. 

• I think it is a good idea because i think it is stupid for someone to have to retreat and risk getting harmed before fighting back. I would definitely protect my family and I rather than let the robber to whatever they want.

• This reply was deleted.
    • i agree with you but what are some guidelines that you think would make this law better?

• I feel like its good that they didnt ban gun carrying or tryed to make it really hard to carry so i think its a positive change.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker