Back in 1869, all Catholic Churches banned abortion at any stage of pregnancy. Abortions was outlawed across most of the country, by the 1880s. The U.S. Supreme Court dropped a law banning the distribution of birth control to married couples in 1965. By the time Roe vs. Wade case in 1973, 4 states had legalized abortions . Jane Roe wanted to end her unwanted pregnancy in 1969. Before this pregnancy Roe had given birth 2 times and gave both children up for adoption. By the time of Jane Roe third pregnancy, abortion was legal in texas but only for the purpose to save a women’s life if needed. Henry Wade decladed in June of 1970, he would prosecute doctors who performed abortions. The Surprume Court canceled the Texas law banning abortions in January of 1973. The court proclaimed that a women’s rights to abortion was implied to the rights of privacy protected by the 14th Amendment. The 14th amendment includes, “equal protection of the laws''. Also includes granted citizenship to all persons born or naturalized in the United States.  

In 2022, the nation’s highest court debated on Dobbs vs. Jackson Women’s Health Organization. The United States Surprume Court decision was that the Constitution of the United States rejected the right to an abortion. In Iowa, Kim Reynolds, ask the court to revive our state to a 6-week abortion ban. This case started in March of 2018. The decision was a 6 to 3 person for abortion to be illigal. 

Abortion should be illegal and banned in the United States. Many people argue that they are not ready to have a baby. Personally the justification of not being ready to have a kid is not logical if you are ready to have sex. Not being ready to have a child is not an excuse to take a child's life. Children still deserve to have a life just as much as each and everyone else. People should think about all the practical outcomes of the circumstances before you go through with the situation. If you possibly find yourself in a situation and accidentally get pregnant, then that is the circumstances that you have to deal with from your actions. Each and every conceived child deserves to live a life whether or not it is with biological parents or adoptive parents. Having a child is a blessing and not everyone gets that opportunity in life. 

Why would a person take an innocent child's life away that they created?

Do you think abortion should be illegal or legal? Explain?

Sources: https://www.history.com/topics/womens-rights/roe-v-wade

https://www.cnn.com/2022/08/25/politics/where-abortion-banned-states-court-legal-challenges/index.html

https://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/21pdf/19-1392_6j37.pdf

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I agree, Killing an innocent child is not right as you said. I think that kid should not have to be murdered just because of the actions there parents made.

• In my opinion abortion should be illegal. As you mentioned before, people are responsible of their actions. If the parents are not prepared to have a baby, it is not reason for taking his life, that's why there are a lot of associations that search children an adoptive family so they can have a better life. However, I think that abortion should only be permited if the mother's life is in risk or if the mother can get seriosly affected because of having the baby.

• I agree with what you said. If you can't give that baby a good life then abortion is an option.

• I think abortion should be legal. The reson is for people that are sexually assulted. Also if you are going to have unproteted sex or just sex in genrol you have to keep in mined  that you might get pregnet.

• I disagree, people choice to make these chocies with out sometimes thinking of the outcomes. It is there problem they should deal with and not by killing the baby.

• I think abortion should be legal. But only for people that really need it. As in women who are sexually assulted. But women that just want it becuase they don't wanna use protection should nor be able to.

• I agree with you. Couples who are just too lazy to use protection and end up pregant should not be able to have an abortion.

• I think that people are killing innocent lives when having abortions. I think it is good that it is illegal but some may argue that the mom may be dying. In those cases abortion is still legal. You have many more solutions for saving these babies' lives.

• I agree with you. There are better ways than to kill the baby if you are not ready.

• I believe that abortion should be illegal! If you are able to have unprotected sex you should be able to be held responsible if you have a child.  If they are not able to take care of a chold they shouldn't have one in the first place.  If you have a baby and are not able to take care of it you should put it up for adoption instead so it can still live a life.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker