Idaho killer

Ethan Chapin, Madison Mogen, Xana Kernodle, and Kaylee Goncalves, were stabbed to death in the Moscow, Idaho, home where three of them lived together with two other students. Authorities believe the killings were done by Bryan Kohberger. They found a sample of fingerprints from a knife that was on the victims beds. One of the girls that survived affidavit at court announced that she had seen a tall slender man with bushing eyebrows the night of the killing. He was also dressed in all black. Kohberger was a 28 years old criminology Ph.D. student at nearby Washington State University. 

The night of the murders was just a normal Saturday. Chapin and Kernodle had attended a fraternity party Mogen and Goncalves had gone to a bar. All four were home by 2 a.m and most were asleep by 4 a.m. One roommate was awoken at approximately 4 a.m. by sounds coming from upstairs including what she thought was her roommate Goncalves saying, "there's someone here." She opened her door again and this time saw the man. As she stood frozen in shock, the man walked past her toward the house's rear sliding door. The crazy thing about this is that she was able to get a look at him and he still didn't kill her. This is why many people believe that she was a part of it too.

Police went back to look at the footage of the bar and street cameras they were able to see a white sedan that had been following the kids around. The police then looked at the Security footage from the campus of Washington where Kohberger is a graduate student, showed a similar white sedan headed in the direction of Moscow shortly before 3 a.m. and then appearing to return around 5:30 a.m. Everything from that night points towards Kohberger. Once he left the house, the roommate that saw him stayed locked in her room. It took her 8 hours to call the police to notify them of the killings. This killing was a very sad and crazy thing that happened. I just don't think the police know much about it.

Do you think the roomate was a part of it? 

Do you think Bryan Kohberger killed them? 

What do you think his intentions were by killing them?

Why do you think he didnt kill the other roomate. 

ap23003755734714_slide-a0dede04326bdbb9a4d8e8e689bce4a982cc5811-s1100-c50.jpg

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I haven't heard much about this case but I do think its confusing. The Idaho killer killed his victims pretty fast which is not normal. He also had a degree in criminology so that even makes him more suspicious.  I think Bryan Kohberger killed them, I'm not that sure on how I feel about it. The intentions of this killing arent clear at all. I think he didn't kill any of the other roomates because they had a dog and it was barking and maybe he didn't want the others to see. Also he might have had an intention of only killing one of them but someone might've came up to the room and he didnt want them to know who he was.

• I agree, I think he may have only wanted to kill one then ended up killing all 4. But the roomate that survived even saw him and he still didnt kill her. 

• I think that most serial killers are just messed up in the brain. I think that he just has some mental issues in the brain that caused him to do this horrific act. I think that the roomate is definetely suspicious and he may be in on it. 

• I agree, I think the roomate is a big suspect. 

• I personally think that Bryan Kohberger did do it. The fact that he has a degree in criminology and he did a study about serial killers, he also did a study about the BTK killer and maybe even talked to him. If he did kill them there's no way he did it alone. He killed all of his victims minutes apart, and in under 20 minutes? I don't know this case doesn't sit well with me. 

• I agree, I think the roomate is apart of it. 

• I'm not very aware of this story as some people are, but from what I've heard on the news and TikTok about all the theories are crazy. I heard that he was majoring in Criminology so maybe he was reading/hearing about murders and let his intrusive thoughts take over and murdered a bunch of college kids. I did hear that the roommate walked in on him during the murder, but did she walk in while he was killing or before he started? Because she could've just thought that he was hanging out with her roommates, but like I said I'm not aware of the full story and all the details so I'm not sure what to think. 

• She walked out when he got done killing the kids and was on his way out of the house. But he had a mask on and in all black. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker