I Typed in my Name and The Results Had Me Speechless

Have you ever tried googling yourself or someone else to see what comes up? Not a lot of information comes up on the you or the intended person. Well a new website called "Truth Finder" is sweeping the nation and is supposedly helping people. Truth Finder gives personal information to anyone who searches your name. It shows criminal records, addresses, phone numbers, birth dates, your friends and family, and even satellite documentation which is where the person has recently been picked up by cameras. Some people are saying this is a tool and its helping people see what others personal background is like. An example being a girlfriend searching a new boyfriend to see what he has done.

Questions - 

What are your thoughts on this, are you okay with having your information shown to everyone and anyone?

Do you think this is a helpful "Tool" to use?

Opinion - 

I really don't like knowing that all my personal information is on a website that everyone can see, I don't have anything to hide on my files but if I really did then I wouldn't want anyone to see it. I think that this can be helpful in some ways but I don't see how their can be more positive things than negative. 

Click Here for the Story  

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I am not okay with my personal information being somewhere where anyone can see it. It can be useful for somethings but also bad for others. Background checks could be helpful when someone is buying a gun, but people could stalk you and find out things that you don't want anyone to know. 

• I am definitely not okay with my personal information being on the internet where anyone could see. I think this is scary and almost dangerous! I wouldn't consider this helpful because of how dangerous it is. If people want to find a girlfriend or boyfriend, I think that they should stick to dating websites where they choose to share their information. 

• This actually makes me feel very uncomfortable knowing people could access my personal information and truly to me I think this could lead to something bad like easier accessed murders. No this shouldn't in my opinion be a thing its very disturbing. 

• I am not okay with having personal information on the web. It actually kind of creeps me out. I don't really think it's anyone's business either. I see how this could be useful but honestly I think it's kind of a "nosy" website. I think it would create a lot of drama in one's life. 

• I am definitely not ok with my information being thrown out there for anyone. I think this whole thing is a bad idea, something that should be used by police or counter terrorism. I think it could be very helpful to people who want to find stuff out, but I think that people shouldn't go behind people's backs to find stuff out they might want to move on from. If you want to know about it, just ask them.

• Yes as long as people dont do anything with it.

It's helpfull for people who get invited on dates so they can see if the person their going out with hasnt been arrested.

• Honestly I think this is scary. I definitely wouldn't want all my personal records on the internet for anyone to see. That makes me feel like my life is in danger and that I am no longer safe. I mean I think it could be helpful for like police officers who are trying to find criminals or something like that, but I don't like the idea that all my personal information and where I live could be on that website. 

• I can see why you think that this could be scary, this website can be used for so many bad things like kidnappings, and just having all your personal information in one place that anyone could access would be really scary.

• i wouldn't want my personal information to be out in  public like that (that's why they are personal). people that have to know like when you get a job ask you themselves. this is more harmful than helpful.

• This is actually kind of creepy having all my information where anyone can see it. I don't have anything to hide but this site can lead to identity thief, robbings, stalkings, or killings. People now know almost everything about me. The example about the girlfriend searching her new boyfriend, she could ask him. Communication is key.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker