Human Trafficking

Human trafficking is the use of force and multiple other things to get some type of labor or sexual act out of a person. Men, women, and children are trafficked all throughout the world. It happens right here in the U.S. It doesn’t matter your age, race, man or women, or nationality, you could possibly be a target. There are multiple ways that trackers use to lure in their victims. Like violence, fake promises, romantic relationships, and manipulation. 

In Iowa there have been 221 calls to the Human Trafficking hotline and there have been 86 cases of Iowa-based human trafficking. Out of all the reports in Iowa over half of them are minors. vThis is a crime that can be committed behind closed doors or in plain sight. Since 2007 has identified 644 human trafficking cases and 1490 victims were identified. 62% of cases are sex trafficking, 10% is labor, and sex labor is 3%. A lot of  trafficking takes place in hotel/motel based places. It could be workers or traffickers keeping the victims in the rooms. 74% of victims are women and 16% are men. 

What steps do you think we could take to prevent this?

What can you do to not be targeted?

http://https://humantraffickinghotline.org/en/statistics/iowa

https://www.dhs.gov/blue-campaign/what-human-trafficking 

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I agree that there are lots of ways to prevent these things. No family should ever have to go through losing a family member to trafficking. It does make me sick to my stomach thinking about losing someone in my family like that. I also agree that the government should find a better way to track down trafficking.

• There is a lot that could be done to prevent this through the government but that being said, there is also a high possibility it will never stop. By informing those close to you of your whereabouts or having a tracker with you at all times, perhaps the statistics could go down exponentially.

• Yes, there is lots of tracking apps or devices to use for your friends and family to know where you are. It probably will not ever stop. It happens a lot in other countries, but we can help to slow it down in the united states.

• I believe that there are many ways the government can take action to prevent human trafficking. I think it is awful that so many people go through it. Looking at the US there is a lot, just think worldwide. Some humans are just disgusting.  

• It is absolutly awful and no one should have to go through it. I think the government should take more action on it and try and slow it down. There is a lot that they can do to slow it down.

• I think that no matter what we do, human trafficking will never be stopped. It may lessen is percentages, but it will still be a problem. Steps that people can take to prevent this is letting people know where you are going or having life 360 with your friends and family.

• I personally think that the government should do more about how much human trafficking goes down. I believe in today's world, especially girls, shouldn't be going anywhere alone in a place they don't know. There is human trafficking everywhere and I think most people just look past it.

• That is true how a lot of people don't pay much attention to it. It is a bigger problem than we think. Girls and women shouldn't be going anywhere by themselves especially at night.

• I think that cops could patrol towns and citys more so if they see a kidnapping they can be their faster and I think that the united states could teach kids what to do in that situation. If you don't want to be targeted then you can stay with a group of friends and not be by yourself for a long time outside.

• The government should figure out a way to stop and prevent human tracking. And they should teach people how to avoid it and help others who are in it. And walk with big groups.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker