Human Trafficking

Human trafficking is the use of force and multiple other things to get some type of labor or sexual act out of a person. Men, women, and children are trafficked all throughout the world. It happens right here in the U.S. It doesn’t matter your age, race, man or women, or nationality, you could possibly be a target. There are multiple ways that trackers use to lure in their victims. Like violence, fake promises, romantic relationships, and manipulation. 

In Iowa there have been 221 calls to the Human Trafficking hotline and there have been 86 cases of Iowa-based human trafficking. Out of all the reports in Iowa over half of them are minors. vThis is a crime that can be committed behind closed doors or in plain sight. Since 2007 has identified 644 human trafficking cases and 1490 victims were identified. 62% of cases are sex trafficking, 10% is labor, and sex labor is 3%. A lot of  trafficking takes place in hotel/motel based places. It could be workers or traffickers keeping the victims in the rooms. 74% of victims are women and 16% are men. 

What steps do you think we could take to prevent this?

What can you do to not be targeted?

http://https://humantraffickinghotline.org/en/statistics/iowa

https://www.dhs.gov/blue-campaign/what-human-trafficking 

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I do agree that dating sites and other things like that are dangerous if you don't watch out. Being very aware of your surroundings is a big thing. Knowing where you are and if you can get away if someone is following you.

• I think people should be carrying around more defense weapons for when they do get trafficked. You should beware of your surroundings and always make sure that you are safe. Keep your phone on and leave a tracker on just incase something does happen. I think that would help.

• Indefinitely I think that human trafficking is one of the worst human actions besides shootings and kidnapping. Children, men and women are forced and traumatized by this most discrasing organization of the human race. Anyone can be a victim of human tracking.

• I agree that it is an absolute horrible thing and no one should have to go through it, and the people that run it are just horrible people. Its very ture that anyone could be a victim, but I know for a fact that a lot of people take precautions to prevent themsleves from being trafficked.

• I think human trafficing can be prevented by just being aware of your surroundings and who is around you.  It would also be helpful if you carry a selt defence wepon woth you and know how to use it.  I also think the government should do a lot more to prevent human traffcking. 

• Human trafficing should be put to a end, it is disgusting and not good for the world. You can easlily prevent yourself from this by simply watching your sorroudnings or wearing not showy clothes. there is tons of people that can help this issuue.

• Some steps that our generation needs to take to stop human trafficking would be to be smarter on phones and other soicial media platforms. Many of the times people will add you and target you, but the best thing to do would be to either block them right away. Or just don't go somewhere that you don't feel is safe.

• I agree that social media does play a big part in this. People will add just  anyone on instagram, snapchat, or facebook. That can lead to big problems especially if you have your location on or if your facebook profile says where you live and work.

• I think that human trafficing needs stop because of muiltle reasons. I think that we can stop this by always being with someone when walking on the streets because many people can always approch you whenever. I think not to be targeted is to be in group or be with someone.

• I think that no matter what we do, human trafficking will never be stopped. Although It may lessen in percentages, it will still be a problem. People can prevent this by letting people know where you are going or even just being super aware of your surroundings. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker