What might be suprising to some is that queen elizabeth was originaly not in line to the thrown. later in 1936 king Edward the 8th fell in love to wallis simpson.  The king at the time wanted to marry her, but she was an amercain divorced women the church fround upon that so the king stepped down leaving the thrown to Elizabeths dad KIng George the 6th.  After her father became king Elizabeth spent a lot of time with nannies. Although She was with nannies her mother and grandma Queen mary where her major influnece's. They tought her to have a strong belife in christian faith. Although what I would say is The most inportant thing was they showed her the demands and the responsibility of being a royal.  Elizabeth did a lot of great things before becoming Queen to that helped her rule the way she did before her death. George the 6th named Elizabeth a honorary colonel to the royal army regimentand then 2 years later named a memeber of the privy council and state council, so she could be incharge when when he was out of the country. When elizabeth was 25 her Father had passed unexpectedly. The next year Elizabeth was crowned Queen at westminster and has know been the longest ruler of englind. 

Know in all honestly I don't think I would be able to handle all of the responsibility that the queen took on. Not to mention Learning everything we do and more on top of that, having to remember everything about her country and others.

Queen Elizabeth and her father King George 6th

Queen Elizabeth II: Facts About Her Life And Reign ...    i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/01/08/article-2083889...

Would you be able to handle the pressure of being in line or being Queen/King?

Do you agree with giving up the crown like Edward the 8th did for someone you love? 

https://www.history.com/topics/british-history/queen-elizabeth

https://www.bbc.com/news/newsbeat-62850275

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Good topic choice and well done! Be sure to capitalize words that should! Great questions but try to reword so they aren't yes and no.  The one issue is that you didn't reply to any student comments which is worth 30 points.

• I don't think that I could handle the pressure of being Queen. It would be too much responsibility for me personally. On the other hand, I think that the royals grew up knowing what they might need to do in the future. They are getting prepared for this their whole life. They know what impact they have and how important their role is. 

• No way would I be able to handle the pressure of being king. I would be way too stressed to do anything scared that I would probable screw up at the start. I think that if you love a person enough then it would be ok to give up the crown and be with the person you love so much.

• In my opinion I dont think I would be able to be the queen and do all the amazing things she did for her community and other countries. Being the queen is a big role to follow she took on being the queen at a young age not knowing what she would all have to do. Now she has left and shown people how a real queen should act and following her work. I think being the queen is a big role that I would not be able to follow. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker