Helping Your Confidence with ONE Daily Text

Marah Lidey is the co-founder of a texting program called Shine Text. Shine Text is something that anyone can sign up for and all it does is send one confidence text message to whoever you want it to go to (rather it be your or someone you know). Shine Text will send a person one text message a day giving them either a reminder to always stay positive or a message to them to stop hating on themselves and be more confident. 

Researchers have shown that humans can think about 1300 words per minute. Just think about how many bad thoughts we could have in just 5 minutes! Shine Text is a program that tries to help prevent people from being so negative not only to themselves but to the people all around them

Read the full Story HERE 

Questions

1) Would you ever sign up for Shine Text?

2) Do you catch yourself thinking negative thoughts all the time?

My Opinion:

I think that I would sign up for this texting program because I think that it would make me a better person. I think that I need reminders to stay positive even when times can be tough. I feel that Shine Text is a great program that could prevent many kids from having confidence issues and prevent things like suicide. Although these texts may not be for everyone, I think that many teens and young adults could benefit from them 

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Interesting story! Well done!

• That sounds like a great idea since I'm like the most negative person you know. Plus I would enjoy this because then I wouldn't get so hard on myself. Like I said before, I am always thinking negative thoughts, and it's starting to put myself down.

• I think it would be a good idea for you to sign up for this because when people get down on themselves, they are the only road block they have to being successful. 

• I would sign up for this program because it sounds like a great way to inspire someone and it would help start the day off right. It would also help people with low self esteem and it would it could boost peoples confidence. 

• i think that Shine Text would be really cool for people who may not have low self esteem or don't feel confident about themselves. I don't think that I would sign up for it just because I do not really text a lot on my phone. I do not think negative thoughts at all I always make myself feel confident about myself. 

• I understand why some people may not want to sign up for this testing program because they may think that what Sunshine Texts really applies to them. Some people may think of these texts as like spam or something sketchy like that. 

• Yes! If someone sends a positive text to me, It would make me feel better throughout the day. I think that If I was signed up for the shine text, I would be more positive throughout the day.

• That's very true, Taylor, I think that Sunshine Text could help depressed people get in a better mood, putting others in a better mood as well. 

• I think that this is a great idea! Often times, phones are the first thing that we look at when we wake up, so a nice message can make your whole day! I also think that it's a great idea to be able to send a nice message to someone you know.  Knowing that you are making someone else's day can also have a positive impact on your day!

• I agree with you Kara. We have the choice of having a positive attitude for the day and I think we both agree that a friendly text will most likely lead to having a better mood rather a bad one.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker