Hats are Prohibited but Dog Collars are not?

Why should kids be able to wear dog collars or even elf ears? What's the difference between wearing hats and decorating yourself with elements a dog would use? This is not so much a personal attack on those emos who decorate themselves as dogs. More resembaling that the school's policy makes little to no sense. Why do hats cause such distress? I see no distraction in wearing hats. We should be allowed to wear caps given that there is no profanity or slurs.

Many would argue that caps hide our face or are disrespectful. What is the difference between that or a collar? Sure, a collar may not hide your face but is much more distracting than a regular hats. If an object is not taking away our learning there is no harm in it. Schools need to review their policies and make sure everyone has an equal opportunity to do what they would like. The one exception is everyone must take their hat off for the pledge. You must obey and respect those who fought for our freedoms and rights. It is unbelieveable the people who take our country for granted.

To summarize hats belong in school, dogs do not. Personally, I see no reason why kids should be able to dress like dogs or other animals. That would be one hundred percent more likely to disturb learning in schools. Schools, do the right thing, ban animal items and allow hats.

Do you think that hats should be allowed in school? Why or why not?

Why do you think schools have such foolsih policies?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Yes, I agree. Things kids wear in school nowadays are much more distracting than a hat. I see no problems with hats unless they have profanity or other mean slurs. I see the fact that it is a thing of respect but wearing dog collars should be considered disrespect too.

• I think that school should either not let you wear hats. Personally I dont think that hats are distracting. Ears, collers, or anything else distracting, or they should let people wear hats and not let the people who wear elf ears or collers. It should go both ways and be equal.

• In my opinion school is for kids(by kids i mean human kids), people that identify as a dog are not kids, cats are not kids, elves are not kids.

• I think hats should be allowed in school. I don't they're distracting, and I think animal collars are much more distracting. If schools allow collars, I think they should also allow hats. Not many hats are disrepectful or distracting so I think schools should allow them.

• I don't see why there is an issue with wearing hats in school. As you said above all hats should be removed during the pledge to not disrespect the flag and what it symbolizes. If someone wants to have collar on or a leash that is their choice but shouldn't do it in public or at school. It could cause distraction and would be very uncomfortable for someone who is around them. 

• I don't find hats distracting and I would say most are not inappropriate. I do think that all the collars and the ears are distracting. I think the kids who are wearing them are doing it for attention and not because they actually feel like an animal. I think schools should think this one over again.

• Yes, I agree. Things kids wear in school nowadays are much more distracting than a hat. I see no problems with hats unless they have profanity or other mean slurs. I see the fact that it is a thing of respect but wearing dog collars should be considered disrespect too.

• I don't think that hats are distracting or inappropriate for school, but I do think that collars and ears are. I think that people who feel the need to wear dog or cat collars are doing it for attention more than beause they actually feel like a dog. I don't think that people should be able to dress themselves up as animals because it is distracting and unnecessary. 

• I think that hats should be allowed in schools. I think this because they are not distracting and they are not inappropriate. It is really dumb how people can be cats and dogs. It is very distracting to the people who are trying to learn and should not be acceptable behaviour at school.

• I agree cats/dogs do not go to school. I think that it is silly that we even have to discuss this. If you feel you are a cat, you can stay home or go to an animal shelter and eat canned cat food. I think schools should allow hats before collars are permitted. Hats are not distracting or inappropriate so I don't fully understand why these rules are the way they are.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker