Hats are Prohibited but Dog Collars are not?

Why should kids be able to wear dog collars or even elf ears? What's the difference between wearing hats and decorating yourself with elements a dog would use? This is not so much a personal attack on those emos who decorate themselves as dogs. More resembaling that the school's policy makes little to no sense. Why do hats cause such distress? I see no distraction in wearing hats. We should be allowed to wear caps given that there is no profanity or slurs.

Many would argue that caps hide our face or are disrespectful. What is the difference between that or a collar? Sure, a collar may not hide your face but is much more distracting than a regular hats. If an object is not taking away our learning there is no harm in it. Schools need to review their policies and make sure everyone has an equal opportunity to do what they would like. The one exception is everyone must take their hat off for the pledge. You must obey and respect those who fought for our freedoms and rights. It is unbelieveable the people who take our country for granted.

To summarize hats belong in school, dogs do not. Personally, I see no reason why kids should be able to dress like dogs or other animals. That would be one hundred percent more likely to disturb learning in schools. Schools, do the right thing, ban animal items and allow hats.

Do you think that hats should be allowed in school? Why or why not?

Why do you think schools have such foolsih policies?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Yes, I agree. Things kids wear in school nowadays are much more distracting than a hat. I see no problems with hats unless they have profanity or other mean slurs. I see the fact that it is a thing of respect but wearing dog collars should be considered disrespect too.

• I think that hats should be allowed in school. If schools are worried about students using it to hide their face they could just ask for them to push their hat up a bit. As long as the hat is appropriate there shouldn't be an issue. I think school shouldn't have this policy.

• I think hats should be aloud instead of collars hats arent disrepectful or rude i think they should be allowed. I think people wearing collars should not be allowed because they just make no sense i feel. I beleive hats are no rude. I dont see why kids need to wear collars because they dont need to be dressing like a dog or a cat they are not aniamls.

• I think they should let us wear hats because if it is because of a distraction thing, then aren't dog collars and elf ears way more distracting than a hat? I think that the school should just say all or none; no one wears anything like hats, dog collars, and elf ears, or we can all wear what we want.

• I think that regular baseball caps should be allowed in school. As long as the hat does not block the view of others, have profanity, or promote bad ideas, I think hats are okay. I believe one reason dog collars, elf ears, etc., are allowed in school is because when administartion orginally wrote the handbook, they would never have guessed students to wear those things. However, now times have changed, in a weird way. If the schools think thing like dog collars should be banned, it is now up to them to make an addition to the handbook.

• Yes, I agree. Things kids wear in school nowadays are much more distracting than a hat. I see no problems with hats unless they have profanity or other mean slurs. I see the fact that it is a thing of respect but wearing dog collars should be considered disrespect too.

• i belive that hats should be aloud in schools because hats are way less distracting then cat ears or dog collars. i have asked why we cant wear hats in school (only at avoca) and the person i asked said its because of a respect thing and i asked how is it dissrespectful and he said it just is.

• I personally believe that we should be allowed to wear hats. I also don't see how they can be a distraction. as long as kids are just wearing them it shouldn't be an issue. But it could cause problems when kids start to flip each other's hats off of their heads.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker