Hats are Prohibited but Dog Collars are not?

Why should kids be able to wear dog collars or even elf ears? What's the difference between wearing hats and decorating yourself with elements a dog would use? This is not so much a personal attack on those emos who decorate themselves as dogs. More resembaling that the school's policy makes little to no sense. Why do hats cause such distress? I see no distraction in wearing hats. We should be allowed to wear caps given that there is no profanity or slurs.

Many would argue that caps hide our face or are disrespectful. What is the difference between that or a collar? Sure, a collar may not hide your face but is much more distracting than a regular hats. If an object is not taking away our learning there is no harm in it. Schools need to review their policies and make sure everyone has an equal opportunity to do what they would like. The one exception is everyone must take their hat off for the pledge. You must obey and respect those who fought for our freedoms and rights. It is unbelieveable the people who take our country for granted.

To summarize hats belong in school, dogs do not. Personally, I see no reason why kids should be able to dress like dogs or other animals. That would be one hundred percent more likely to disturb learning in schools. Schools, do the right thing, ban animal items and allow hats.

Do you think that hats should be allowed in school? Why or why not?

Why do you think schools have such foolsih policies?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Yes, I agree. Things kids wear in school nowadays are much more distracting than a hat. I see no problems with hats unless they have profanity or other mean slurs. I see the fact that it is a thing of respect but wearing dog collars should be considered disrespect too.

• Yes, i do. Also whats the differences beetween a hat and elf ears or headbands with cat ears on them?  Im not saying it isn't ok too where those I just think if those are allowed than hats should be to. 

• Yes, becuase no one thinks there disrespectful except old teachers. I dont think they would be such a distraction as people wearing dog collars and elf ears. I think kids shouldnt be able to wear those. Because many kids bully the ones that wear collars and other things. 

• I think students should not be able to wear hats in school. It causes a distraction and people could overuse it and go above and beyond on hats. Making them huge and colorful, it would cause others to be distracted.  I also think dog colors, elf ears, flags around the back of people, etc. are far more distracting than hats though.

• I do think that wearing hats should be legal in schools, but sadly its not. Reasoning is, saftey, saftey meaning people thinking your hidding something up there or maybe your hiding a weapon in the hat. I do belive that schools have some bad policies.

• Yes, I agree. Things kids wear in school nowadays are much more distracting than a hat. I see no problems with hats unless they have profanity or other mean slurs. I see the fact that it is a thing of respect but wearing dog collars should be considered disrespect too.

• I think that kids should be allowed to wear hats in school as long as it does not cause a distraction. I think that the school allows dog collars just because they would be considered "homophobic" not not allowing students who think they're dogs wear collars. And most students can agree if we saw someone wearing a hat no one would be phased. But if we saw a person who identifies as a dog wearing a collar we are going to talk about it.

• I think that we should be able to wear hats. Even if they argue that you can't see their face, you can easily allow the students to wear hats that don't have a bill on it. For example, you could wear a beenie without distracting everybody. I think that dog collars, elf ears, and other unusual accessories could be more distracting just because it isn't what we normally see. So I agree, I think that we should be able to wear hats if we can wear those accessories. 

• I htink that hats should be allowed in school and dog accesories should be banned. If is way more distracting if someone has a dog accessorie on than a hat. I think that if the hat is appropriate and doesnt have profanity on it, it should be allowed. 

• I personally believe that we should be able to wear hats because like you said it's not like it's super distracting or disrespecful in anyway unlike dog collars and dog ears like if I'm sitting in class I'm going to get way more distacted by the dog collar than I would if someone was wearing a hat.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker