Government Shut Down

The Government came to a stand still while trying to pass a new Short-Term Spending Bill. While the Republicans call it the "Schumer Shutdown" and the Democrats call it the "Trump Shutdown", and President Trump saying that "Our country could use a good shutdown". The Democrats say that they are refusing to pass the a Short-Term spending bill unless it contains something about protecting the ILLEGAL immagrants brought to our country as children. They will not pass the Bill even though it has nothing to do with our Immigration policy.  If congress does not vote by friday night. The Government will go into an immedaite shut down. Reporters say the shut down could last up to 2 or 3 days which could harm our military.

I beleive that the democrats should pass the bill so that a shut down will not occur. I rather not harm our military throughout this shut down cause it could make our country as one look weak.

I also believe the democrats are try to "flex thier muscles" even though Republicans have majority vote in both houses. This could be very endangering to our country so we need to make a solution, and the only way to do that is to work as one.

I think we could help these a Illegal Immagrants but yet we can not be spending to much money for someone elses Illegal actions.

1. Do you believe the democrats should pass the bill? Explain.

2. Why do you think the Democrats are not passing the Bill?

3. Should we fund these Illegal immagrants?

By learning more about the article please read more! Click Here!

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I aggree with you that I do not want our military to be, in anyway, damaged or harmed. I think we should do our best to help these immagrants but not to the exptent that American money is funding them for a long term period. What do you think? I also think that we should help them either get legalized in our country or safely transport them back to thier orginal country they came from.

• I understand why the democrats are doing this, but there are other ways to solve issues. I think that democrats should pass the bill and get things up and running again to keep funding our military and government. The democrats aren't passing the bill because they want to help these immigrants and fight any decision Trump makes. These illegal immigrants should have to become legal, they've been in America for awhile and so our only way to help them is to either help them become citizens or send them back.

• I believe the Democrats are doing this just to try to get the people of America at there party an thier believes to try and find some support. But, the bill has nothing to do with Illegal Immagrants. So no i do not understand why the Democrats are doing this. What do you think?

• bump

• I think they should come to a compromise with the Republicans and pass the bill before our entire country collpases due to the government's ego problems. I think the Democrats are not passing the bill because they don't want to give the Republicans the satisfaction of winning, however this is childish. I believe we should come up with a solution to the immigration problem rather than helping people who are here illegally or keeping people out who need a place to call home.

• Yes, they do need to come to a compromise. I also agree that we need to help these immagrants but not to the point that we are spending lots of money. We are not a country who has lots of money to spend on something that isn't American.

•  I think the democrats shouldn't pass the bill so we can shut down Trump and the Republicans. The Democrats will stand up for what they believe in and shut the Goverment down becuase we refuse to agree with Trump's team. I think their not passing it because they don't agree with the republicans. I think we should fun these illegal immagrants.

• I don't think that the government should shut down, but it has been. Yes, each party should stand up for there believes but not to the extent that our national security should be in any sort of harms danger.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker