Gold Coin Stolen

A 220- pound gold coin named "Big Maple Leaf" was stolen from a museum in Berlin. The coin has a face value worth 1 million Canadian Dollars (750,000 US Dollars). With how much the coin weighs, it would be worth almost 4.5 million dollars at market prices. The coin is in the Guinness Book of Records for its unmatched purity of 999.99/1000 gold. The coin has a bunch of Maple Leafs on one side and a portrait of Queen Elizabeth the second on the other. The coin was issued by the Royal Canadian Mint in 2007. The police think that the thieves broke open a window on the back side of the museum next to the railroad tracks. The museum has on of the largest coin collections in the world with more the 540,000 coins.

Questions:

What would you do if you operated the Museum?

Why do you think the people stole the coin?

If i operated the museum and came to work and saw that the coin was stolen i would immediately call the cops and then i would start looking around to see were the thieves would have came in and check the cameras that were around the coin if there were any.

I don't know why the thieves stole the coin but they probably want to sell the coin so they can be rich and have money for themselves. 

You can read the whole story here

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I would do the exact same thing and they probably did try and get money for it

• I would want to help out and see who they are and how they broke in. I assume that they want to sell the coin. 

• I agree i would be helping to and looking on auction sites to see if its being sold, I also agree that they probably want to sell the coin because what else would you do with a coin that is worth that much.

• I would be very sick to my stomach and be looking on the black market and online for auctions to see if it is being sold. I think people stole the coin because they wanted it or they want to sell it.

• I would be looking on black markets also, I agree that they probably want to sell the coin

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker