Girl dies in British theme park Accident

An 11-year-old girl on a school trip died after she fell from a water ride at a UK theme park, local police have confirmed. The incident happened at the Splash Canyon ride at Drayton Manor theme park, north of Birmingham, Staffordshire Police said.

Bryan added that staff were alerted when the girl fell into the water. "The theme park staff tried to help her and an air ambulance airlifted her to a hospital nearby," he said.  The girl, a student at the Jameah Academy in Leicester, was on a school visit to the park when the incident occurred. The school released a statement confirming that the year 6 student had died. The park would remain closed Wednesday "as a mark of respect to the family," a statement on the park's Facebook page said. It did not specify how long the ride in question would be suspended.
Click for Here full story
Questions
1. Do you think it was the park staff careless that the girl fell? And why?

2. Was it enough punishment for the ride to be suspended? why and why not?

3. Would you take a child to this park to ride a water ride?
I think It was the staff careless because they have to make sure that the girl was in a good secured positioned before making her ride the thingy, and after all she was so little she needed much attention towards her. I think it was enough punishment for the ride to be suspended because they feel bad about it and they have learnt their lesson considering the accident. The staffs in to be more extra careful to kids. I won't take a child to ride it again.

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• The girl was most likely not following the rules and who knows if she unhooked herself to have a little more fun without any safety. The park will be more careful because of the death and will probably update all rides before they even open the park again.

• I agree something must have caused the girl to fall of the ride in the first place. But, the park should now take precautions in other rides with better security for the rides. It was a good idea to put the ride on a suspension until they figure things out.

• It could've easily been her fault just as much as it could've been the staff's fault. It's hard to say when you only know part of the story. For sure, the park needs to take some more safety precautions if they want to keep their theme park and jobs. 

• It was not the park staff's fault. I think that the ride should not be suspended. I would not take my kid to this water ride

• You're very down-to-the-point Ryan! But I do not agree that it should not have been suspended. They suspended the ride out of appreciation towards the family. I'm sure that family is furious with the park even though it may not have been their fault. 

• The staff should have had better protection for the girl on the ride, or have height limits for children. I think the ride should just be shut down for good due to the killing of the young girl. I would personally not take my child to the park because of trust issues with the park/rides.

• The girl could of been messing around and jokingly got out of the seat when she paid the price at the wrong time when the guards weren't looking. I disagree because the ride cost money and they could update the safety so nothing like that ever happens again.

• Well, if they took the correct safety precautions, then they could have probably avoided it. But accidents happen.

Yes. I think that the ride should be shut down permanently. If the little girl passed away, then what's to say that it won't happen again?

Yes. Just because an accident happened, doesn't mean it could happen to a child in my care.

• Accidents do happen, especially when it comes to things like. I think instead of shutting the ride down completely they should close it for awhile and fix all the little bugs and issues it has making sure something like what happened to the girl can never happen again. 

• I agree with you that this could have been prevented, but accidents do happen. I think the ride should be shut down until it can be fixed, but I don't think it should be shut down forever.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker