Girl dies in British theme park Accident

An 11-year-old girl on a school trip died after she fell from a water ride at a UK theme park, local police have confirmed. The incident happened at the Splash Canyon ride at Drayton Manor theme park, north of Birmingham, Staffordshire Police said.

Bryan added that staff were alerted when the girl fell into the water. "The theme park staff tried to help her and an air ambulance airlifted her to a hospital nearby," he said.  The girl, a student at the Jameah Academy in Leicester, was on a school visit to the park when the incident occurred. The school released a statement confirming that the year 6 student had died. The park would remain closed Wednesday "as a mark of respect to the family," a statement on the park's Facebook page said. It did not specify how long the ride in question would be suspended.
Click for Here full story
Questions
1. Do you think it was the park staff careless that the girl fell? And why?

2. Was it enough punishment for the ride to be suspended? why and why not?

3. Would you take a child to this park to ride a water ride?
I think It was the staff careless because they have to make sure that the girl was in a good secured positioned before making her ride the thingy, and after all she was so little she needed much attention towards her. I think it was enough punishment for the ride to be suspended because they feel bad about it and they have learnt their lesson considering the accident. The staffs in to be more extra careful to kids. I won't take a child to ride it again.

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• 1) I think the park staff could have been paying more attention but overall isn't their fault the girl fell.

2) The ride being suspended is enough punishment, they're paying respect to the girl.

3) Yes, I wouldn't take a child to that specific ride but I would still take a child on water rides.

• I think the park staff should have known how to strap her in better. I think possibly shutting the park down for awhile will be good to train staff better. I think suspending the ones who were in charge of the little girl  will be enough to get them to learn their lesson. 

• I think that the park staff was careless because they should have strapped her in better, after all, that is their job. I think that the whole park should be shut down to prevent something like this from happening. The park and staff should be held responsible. For me, it doesn't matter if they feel bad,  the damage has been done and they can't change that now.

• Shutting down the park wouldn't be a bad idea at least for a week or so. I don't think they need to shut the park down forever tho... When they do open the park up they could still have the ride closed. The ride should go under a lot of inspection before its in use again.. I also think they should have something saying that someone died from it just so others know before riding it. 

• I think the staff was very highly trained and did all they could to save the girl, the helicopter came as fast as they could but all of this was just not enough to save the little girl. I think it just happened to be an incident where someone died and nothing is going to change it from happening now.

• I think they didn't mean to be careless I feel like they do this job everyday and they just went with the flow not knowing that they didn't have the little girl strapped in right. No I think they should have had the place closed for awhile and a training day for all the staff and maybe release the staff that was in control over the ride because they obviously shouldn't be working there.

• I agree, some staff training days would be a good idea. The park could also put up posters about the danger of some of the rides. If the workers get careless, they put people's lives in danger, so I also agree, they should be let go.

• I don't know if there was anything they could do to help or prevent it from happening other than making sure she was securely in the ride. I think it was good enough to suspend the ride. Yes, if I felt that it was safe because this could happen anywhere or on any ride. 

• The staff should have made sure that the child was securely in the ride before starting it, but they were careless. The ride should have not only been suspended, but it should be banned from riding immediately so another incident doesn't happen to anyone again. 

• I think that the ride people did do everything they could do to insure the safety of the kids. I think that the ride should be fixed and then used again becasue it is probably fun.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker