Girl dies in British theme park Accident

An 11-year-old girl on a school trip died after she fell from a water ride at a UK theme park, local police have confirmed. The incident happened at the Splash Canyon ride at Drayton Manor theme park, north of Birmingham, Staffordshire Police said.

Bryan added that staff were alerted when the girl fell into the water. "The theme park staff tried to help her and an air ambulance airlifted her to a hospital nearby," he said.  The girl, a student at the Jameah Academy in Leicester, was on a school visit to the park when the incident occurred. The school released a statement confirming that the year 6 student had died. The park would remain closed Wednesday "as a mark of respect to the family," a statement on the park's Facebook page said. It did not specify how long the ride in question would be suspended.
Click for Here full story
Questions
1. Do you think it was the park staff careless that the girl fell? And why?

2. Was it enough punishment for the ride to be suspended? why and why not?

3. Would you take a child to this park to ride a water ride?
I think It was the staff careless because they have to make sure that the girl was in a good secured positioned before making her ride the thingy, and after all she was so little she needed much attention towards her. I think it was enough punishment for the ride to be suspended because they feel bad about it and they have learnt their lesson considering the accident. The staffs in to be more extra careful to kids. I won't take a child to ride it again.

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Before the girl went down the slide someone should of made sure she was positioned correctly before going down. The girl cold of also changed positions going down the slide and I think there should be an investigation because it is a freak deal and I am sure the family will want some answers. I think while it is suspended it needs to be checked out. 

• I agree with that, actually they should take the ride out from there and get a new one because this is ridiculous that caused death to a child. I wouldn't even suggest somebody to ride it again.

• I don't think the staff was overly careless, considering they did try to help as soon as the incident happened. I wouldn't consider it punishment to close the ride, but I think it's a reasonable consequence to this incident.

• I don't think it was anyone's fault that she fell but it was a terrible accident. I think the ride should be looked at and inspected to see if it was just a bad accident or if it is really dangerous.

• I think that the number of kids at the park that day was making some of the park staff to lose their focus a little. I think that closing was a good enough punishment, because you would want to make sure that this doesn't happen again. i would not take my child to ride on this ride.

• I think that the staff was probably just so overwhelmed with everything that was going on, with all the kids there, that they probably just were going so fast that they missed one little thing that cause this girl to lose her life. I think that the ride definitely needed to be shut down but I think that they need to have it inspected to make sure it is safe for future children to ride, or maybe it isn't safe for children to ride at all. I myself would not take my child there after learning what happened. 

• True, i agree with you I would never take my child over there again. Well the staff should double check everything so they make sure that everyone is alright but they are overwhelmed to cause a little kid death

• This reply was deleted.
    • Yeah, I agree that the lifeguard staff should have made sure if a kid is safely buckle her up tightly, but they were like everything will be fine as they didn't care. They need to be teach again how to make sure a child safety again.

• I think it is the park staff's fault because I imagine they didn't buckle her in tight enough or maybe forgot to lock her seat belt. Maybe she was even to small to ride this ride but they let her on anyways. I think the ride should be shut down completely instead of suspended because someone actually died on this. Not just injured, but died. No, I would never go or take anyway to this park again because they lost my trust after this incident.

• Yeah, the staffs are just taking their jobs very lightly . They should be more careful especially to kids. Yeah I doubt that if someone will take their kids to this park and ride that ride again.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker