Girl dies in British theme park Accident

An 11-year-old girl on a school trip died after she fell from a water ride at a UK theme park, local police have confirmed. The incident happened at the Splash Canyon ride at Drayton Manor theme park, north of Birmingham, Staffordshire Police said.

Bryan added that staff were alerted when the girl fell into the water. "The theme park staff tried to help her and an air ambulance airlifted her to a hospital nearby," he said.  The girl, a student at the Jameah Academy in Leicester, was on a school visit to the park when the incident occurred. The school released a statement confirming that the year 6 student had died. The park would remain closed Wednesday "as a mark of respect to the family," a statement on the park's Facebook page said. It did not specify how long the ride in question would be suspended.
Click for Here full story
Questions
1. Do you think it was the park staff careless that the girl fell? And why?

2. Was it enough punishment for the ride to be suspended? why and why not?

3. Would you take a child to this park to ride a water ride?
I think It was the staff careless because they have to make sure that the girl was in a good secured positioned before making her ride the thingy, and after all she was so little she needed much attention towards her. I think it was enough punishment for the ride to be suspended because they feel bad about it and they have learnt their lesson considering the accident. The staffs in to be more extra careful to kids. I won't take a child to ride it again.

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• The park staff didn't put her in the seat correctly which means it was mostly their faults. I feel that people all over the world should not ignore a problem like this. Yes because this is not okay! The people in charge should get in trouble but it was an accident but still they should not be able to work there.

• I agree that that could be the problem but the girl could've been doing something wrong also. It's scary going on amusement park rides when you don't feel like you're strapped in tight enough. The staff in charge of the ride need to be held responsible for her death.

• The park staff could have secured her into the seat of the ride properly, perhaps even preventing her death. It’s horrific to think that a child died on this park’s amusement ride, but it was nice of them to suspend the ride as respect to the family. Regardless of how long the park suspends the ride, the family will still be devastated of their loss. Honestly, after this incident I don’t think I would take my child to ride one of the park’s attractions. Although, it could happen at countless of other parks.

• I think that when you go to an amusement park and go on these rides, you are taking a chance. Obviously things go wrong for no reason at all. Sometimes, it happen s to be a death cause by one of these things going wrong. So every time you get on a ride like this, you are taking that chance. But, the staff do need to make sure that nothing is going to go wrong. 

• I think it could have been the staff but it also could have been her. She might not have meant to do anything but maybe she didn't follow rules. I think the ride should be suspended until they find out exactly what happened. If it was the rides fault it should be removed or changed. If it was her fault they should update their protocol. 

• I don think that the park staff was careless, I think the child was doing something she shouldn't have been doing. Sure, dont think it needs to be suspended in the first place. Maybe just to make sure that this wont happen again. 

• Well, the park staff could've been at felt for not having safety belts as tight as they can be but the ride may have not been safe or needed repairs that they didn't know about. I think that if they figure out why the girl died then depending on that they should decide if it's suspended or removed. I'd let my kid ride any ride at the park as long as it passes the eye test. 

• I agree with you that maybe the staff was a little careless, or maybe the ride itself wasn't safe. It could have been anything really; maybe the girl was messing around and doing something she shouldn't have been when she fell out of the ride. I also agree that they should inspect the ride and figure out why the girl died before deciding what to do with the ride.

• I agree with you 100% because anything can happen with an amusement park ride because they are moving fast and probably have very little maintenance, so they aren't the safest things to be on.

• I think that they were careless because they are supposed to make sure everyone is secure o they don't get hurt on the ride or anything thing else. I think that suspending the ride is a good choice. I don't think I'd let my child go on this ride after this incident. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker