Girl dies in British theme park Accident

An 11-year-old girl on a school trip died after she fell from a water ride at a UK theme park, local police have confirmed. The incident happened at the Splash Canyon ride at Drayton Manor theme park, north of Birmingham, Staffordshire Police said.

Bryan added that staff were alerted when the girl fell into the water. "The theme park staff tried to help her and an air ambulance airlifted her to a hospital nearby," he said.  The girl, a student at the Jameah Academy in Leicester, was on a school visit to the park when the incident occurred. The school released a statement confirming that the year 6 student had died. The park would remain closed Wednesday "as a mark of respect to the family," a statement on the park's Facebook page said. It did not specify how long the ride in question would be suspended.
Click for Here full story
Questions
1. Do you think it was the park staff careless that the girl fell? And why?

2. Was it enough punishment for the ride to be suspended? why and why not?

3. Would you take a child to this park to ride a water ride?
I think It was the staff careless because they have to make sure that the girl was in a good secured positioned before making her ride the thingy, and after all she was so little she needed much attention towards her. I think it was enough punishment for the ride to be suspended because they feel bad about it and they have learnt their lesson considering the accident. The staffs in to be more extra careful to kids. I won't take a child to ride it again.

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I dont see them fully at fault but they could have dont a little more to have prevented it. I dont think that there should be more punishment for what had happened. I dont have children so I cant take any to the ride

• I know that accidents happens but they should have been more extra careful to kids when they are in rides. It's a company or the park's fault as they need to checkup every month to make sure every ride should be safe.

• I think the lifeguards could've paid more attention but at that point when she fell their is nothing you can and I think the lifeguards did the best to save her at that point. I think it is because if it is suspended hopefully they will try to see why and how this girl fell and fix it but personally they should end it because a girl died from that slide close it. 

• I agree that they could have paid more attention. and there is only so much that lifeguards can do they cant prevent everything. I dont think that it should be ended. I think that it should be checked and fixed

• well I know maybe they tried. As the police are looking for the cause why she fell then the truth will be out. I would highly suggest that they need to be more extra careful to kids again.

• I think the lifeguards/staff could've paid more attention to her and to each and every rider on the ride. Sometimes at water and theme parks, I feel like the staff becomes careless because they sit at the same ride everyday. I think the ride needed to be suspended, because it wasn't the ride that killed her, but for respect.

• They definitely could of paid more attention and on every ride there should be one but if not more staff watching! I never realized it but that could be the case, they sit at the same ride every day so it could be boring so they were probably not paying much attention.

• Yes, the staff members definitely should have paid more attention to the ride. I agree that the staff probably does become bored while watching the ride and space off. The ride should of definitely been suspended for respect to the family and friends. 

• Yeah, I agree with you that the ride should be suspended as I don't know when it will kill another kid and the staff need to be more extra careful with the rides. There should be extra careful to kids in parks. This is a lesson that all parks should learn.

• I think that all rides at parks have faults. I feel that they probably checked and that they didn't think that the ride was faulty. I don't think that a ride should be punished for what happens. I feel that its up to the other people to choose whether they want to ride it after someone died on it. I would take them there because it was one ride that was faulty not all of them. They can ride the others till they find out what happened and fix it.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker