Near is 2020 they were planing to have a 5 billion super campus for the french, but is falling apart after a compromise scheme to save the troubled project was rejected by one of its creators. Then-president Nicolas Sarkozy unveiled plans to make the cluster of private and public research labs in Saclay, 30 kilometres south-west of the capital. But the project, which encompasses 18 universities, research agencies and elite higher-education institutes called grandes écoles, has attracted criticism for its apparent lack of strategy and governance. A 2016 Senate report said that the determination of institutions,  in particular by the historic grandes écoles , to maintain their own identities had destroyed the collective project. And in February, a report by France’s government auditor declared that plans were “at a standstill”. Then small group proposed that they make it something like the original one it would be half-way house between the existing loose cluster of institutions and a fully integrated university.

Q1 Would you want to go to this university, why and how much do you think it would cost to get in.

Q2 Do you support making such a huge place?

A1 I would not like to go because I would definitely get lost and it sounds as if they are only excepting the smartest of the smartest.

A2 No I honestly don't beause there is really no use for it if its just going to be like another college for super smart people. Also I wonder what perfect nature they had to destroy to build this, Not Cool in my opinion.

http://www.nature.com/news/french-plan-to-create-5-billion-science-super-campus-in-disarray-1.21950

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Well done overall!

• I don't think this college would really be for me. It's not even in the country so that would be very difficult to figure out what's going on. I think that if they have enough money to build it they should go for it. 

• I don't think I would want to go to this school because I don't speak french which would make it had for any education to go on for me. I think that it would be cool to have and be in. If they want to then let them, I mean why not?

• I dont think that I would want to go to this school mostly because I cant speak french which would make it more difficult to learn there. I think it would be a cool building to have and if they want to make it then why not.

• I would not go to that university, because not only is it far away, i'd probably get lost, and if they're accepting the smartest people, then that's not me, for sure. I don't support it because it would take away the flora and fauna in that area, and 5 billion is a steep price to build a university. 

• I would want to go to this University, because it would be cool to learn what they are doing. I think that it would be kinda of expensive but in the long run it would play off. 

• I think it should cost half of what our colleges cost because the campus will be payed for in the long run and it is public. The smartest do need to go but be more advanced but i think they should let others in too. I do support this because it is not coming out of my pocket and it will benefits lots of people.

• I would not want to go to this college because it would cost too much plus it is in a foreign country. If the place pays off in the long run I am all for a big university to further people's education 

• i would not want to go there because the price would be wwwwwwwwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy to high. and there would be to many people to be fun or a good learning enviroment. think it could be cool but they have to do it right. and make it super cool.

• I would not want to go because it would cost a ton of money and you'd have to be the top of your class. I don't think it's needed or useful because its very large and they probably had to use a ton of land for it.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker