Near is 2020 they were planing to have a 5 billion super campus for the french, but is falling apart after a compromise scheme to save the troubled project was rejected by one of its creators. Then-president Nicolas Sarkozy unveiled plans to make the cluster of private and public research labs in Saclay, 30 kilometres south-west of the capital. But the project, which encompasses 18 universities, research agencies and elite higher-education institutes called grandes écoles, has attracted criticism for its apparent lack of strategy and governance. A 2016 Senate report said that the determination of institutions,  in particular by the historic grandes écoles , to maintain their own identities had destroyed the collective project. And in February, a report by France’s government auditor declared that plans were “at a standstill”. Then small group proposed that they make it something like the original one it would be half-way house between the existing loose cluster of institutions and a fully integrated university.

Q1 Would you want to go to this university, why and how much do you think it would cost to get in.

Q2 Do you support making such a huge place?

A1 I would not like to go because I would definitely get lost and it sounds as if they are only excepting the smartest of the smartest.

A2 No I honestly don't beause there is really no use for it if its just going to be like another college for super smart people. Also I wonder what perfect nature they had to destroy to build this, Not Cool in my opinion.

http://www.nature.com/news/french-plan-to-create-5-billion-science-super-campus-in-disarray-1.21950

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• i agree way to expensive.

• Well I would like to go and join this college so that I can know how this college works, and I can meet super smart people. I think it will cost a lot to get it. If they find a huge place for it then they can probably get it.

• That would be cool but i wouldn't want to meet a whole bunch of super smart people because then they get into the habit of thinking they know everything.

• If I had a choice to go to this school or not, I probably wouldn't just because it is really big and I would most likely get lost. Also the cost would be extremely high. I do support the making of this because it it always good to make new things and explore new concepts. 

• Same if I can get in a golf course then I can definitley get lossed there as well so im with yea all the way there.

• If I were into science and all, I would probably go to this university depending on the cost. I think the cost should be just like any other college. Im not opposed to it in any way. It would be a nice university.

• Maybe, but I think it would just be boring.

• I would want to visit it, to see what it is like. I thin it would cos ta hefty sum to get in. I think that it is important to build places that help further people's education.  I think that this would be a good opportunity for some people to learn more about this stuff.

• I can agree when they build it I would definitively want to see what they did but apart of me says this is also really wrong.

• No I personally wouldn't want to go to this university because you would pry have to pay a lot of money to go to this university. I don'r really support it because if it gets to big then it would take people a really long time to get to their classes.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker