Near is 2020 they were planing to have a 5 billion super campus for the french, but is falling apart after a compromise scheme to save the troubled project was rejected by one of its creators. Then-president Nicolas Sarkozy unveiled plans to make the cluster of private and public research labs in Saclay, 30 kilometres south-west of the capital. But the project, which encompasses 18 universities, research agencies and elite higher-education institutes called grandes écoles, has attracted criticism for its apparent lack of strategy and governance. A 2016 Senate report said that the determination of institutions,  in particular by the historic grandes écoles , to maintain their own identities had destroyed the collective project. And in February, a report by France’s government auditor declared that plans were “at a standstill”. Then small group proposed that they make it something like the original one it would be half-way house between the existing loose cluster of institutions and a fully integrated university.

Q1 Would you want to go to this university, why and how much do you think it would cost to get in.

Q2 Do you support making such a huge place?

A1 I would not like to go because I would definitely get lost and it sounds as if they are only excepting the smartest of the smartest.

A2 No I honestly don't beause there is really no use for it if its just going to be like another college for super smart people. Also I wonder what perfect nature they had to destroy to build this, Not Cool in my opinion.

http://www.nature.com/news/french-plan-to-create-5-billion-science-super-campus-in-disarray-1.21950

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• That is another valid point as well to take into matter when going to a huge college.

• If I had the choice to go to this college university, I don't think I would go because the amount of money that the college would cost would be a lot. I don't know exactly how much this would cost. I do support making such a big place because it's a bigger environment where students can learn more.

• Yea honestly there is no need for that its just something that there trying to fancy with is what im feeling.

• I probably would not because the cost would be insanely high. I do support it because we as a race should be constantly making new things and trying more elaborate concepts. 

• The school would probably only have very phew students anyways if it was that expensive.

• If I had a choice to go to that school I probably wouldn't go because it isn't really have the field of study that I want to get into and I also want to play a sport when I'm in college. I think that colleges are big enough now and if you make a super big place, many people wouldn't be able to afford it.

• That is a good point, it judging by the size of it unless they have another picture of the land that they are on then im guessing you wouldn't be able to play much sports.

• I think that it sounds like a really cool concept and I might want to go to this university. I think it would definitely cost a lot because it is a new idea and program. I do support the making of this because I think in the future it could potentially make education a lot cheaper. 

• Possibly it could create a step further in education.

• I think if I were able to be accepted, I would like it. I think it's a good idea. There'd be a lot of people and opportunities. I do support the making of this big place.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker