In 2011, Amy Fry-Pitzen had signed her son, Timothy, out of school citing a family emergency. Three days later, the mother's body was found in a hotel in Illinois, in which she had committed suicide. Amy had left a note that stated that Timothy would be safe with people who would care and love for him. Also on the note said, "You will never find him." Four years later now, Timothy has still gone missing. There was a lot of talk whether she actually gave her son to someone who would care for him, or if she had killed him and disposed his body before she killed herself. The last image his dad, Jim, has of him was dropping him off to school and seeing him run to class. When Jim and Amy had met, Jim has figured out Amy was struggling with depression. In 2003, Jim got a call from the hospital in Cedar Rapids, IA stating that she had taken some pills and had been sitting on the edge of a cliff, passed out, and fell off. A year later, she gave birth to her son TImothy. 

Questions:

1. What would you do if you were Timothy's dad?

2. What are your thoughts on where Timothy is? Do you think she gave him to someone or killed him? 

Link

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I agree with you, that's a great point!

• If it was my child I wouldn't know what to do. I would probably continue to look for him ask all the family members hers and his friends, but to be honest,  I don't think he is still alive I think she killed him before she killed herself. 

• I would be frantic over where my son was and I'd be searching everywhere. I think that the mom killed him, because after four years and no one has stepped forward with any information it seems unlikely that he's still alive. 

• I agree with you. I also think he is dead because there has been NO evidence what so ever. You would think that if he was anywhere, they would have some evidence of him. 

• If i was his dad i would try finding him by checking family or friends and where she would have put the kid. I think he would be with like a family friend or just some random people that is like adoption and she just gave him the kid and maybe told them a lie and left him there. If its been a while he might be dead or with some random people. I would have also have gotten her help before she had kid or anything or hurt anyone.

• i would try to get the mother some help maybe let her move in and have someone watching her while she gets help and have the son live with me!

it could go either way people are crazy no a days but i think she killed him cause she said he will be with people that care about him and will take care of him witch i think that means god (heaven) cause if he was alive the people that have him would send him to school, but they could change his name and appearance. 

• I would do anything to find him. It is hard to tell where Timothy could be. I don't think Amy would kill her own son. He is out there, but people may have changed his identity. 

• If I were Timothy's dad, I would probably look for him until I found him. I do not think that the mother killed Timothy. I do not see how someone could bring themselves to killing their child, even if they were struggling with depression. I hope she did just take him to someone who could care for him and they just ran away. It would be a better scenario than the both the mother and son dead.

• If I were his father, I would look for him, but I think I would probably just lose hope and find it hard to move on. I want to think that he is safe, but it's been so long that I think he might be dead or maybe he isn't safe and with the wrong people. 

• I think if I were his dad I would want to continue and look but it has been so long that I'm not sure that's the best option. Maybe the mother said, "You won't find him because he is with someone who loves him." Maybe she is trying to say he is now in heaven with his loved ones. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker