Florida Bridge Collapsed Killing 6 people

On Thursday morning a bridge near the Florida International University was assured to withstand a category 5 hurricane; however, that's not the case in this situation. The new bridge would have helped people cross an eight-lane street. The bridge was just a couple days away from being open to the public. When the bridge collapsed it had crushed many cars around the bridge, and killing 6 people. 9 other people were injured in the collapsing of the bridge. Friday morning five bodies were still under the 950-ton bridge. One person that had witnessed the bridge collapsing had made a statement saying she thought it 'Sounded like the world was ending'. 

1.) What do you think caused the bridge to collapse?

2.) How would you feel if you got the call that one of your family members had died due to a bridge collapsing?

Full Story

Personal Thoughts:

1.)I think that the builders could not have built it properly, or when it comes to cost many could go the cheap way which isn't the better product but about the same, sometimes that can be an issue. 

2.) I would feel very horrible and wonder why this would happen probably ask God why something like this would ever happen to people like me and all the other people involved. 

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Good job Alana!

• The bridge that collapsed could not have been able to hold enough pressure, so I think that the collapsing was caused by the building and structure of the pedestrian bridge. If I got a call from someone that one of my family members died due to the bridge collapsing I would be pretty upset.

• 1. A building problem occurred or the weather caused the type of rock to crack which caused the bridge to collapse. Something happens for no reason

2. I would feel terrible and sad that I lost someone in a bridge crash because they died and I probably won't be able to have a proper funeral because of the damage that was caused. 

• I think the builders might not have built it properly or sturdy enough, or maybe out of the wrong materials. If I got a call that one of my family members had died from a bridge collapsing I would be very sad and maybe even a little mad at the builders because it was supposed to be a safe bridge for driving. 

• I probably would freak out if I got a call sayin a bridge that was suppose to be secure and safe for driving killed one of my family membors. I would proably take action to ensure that nothing like that ever happens to anyone else.

• I think that is was built not as sturdy or something just happened out of nowehre. I would be upset and wonder how the new bridge collapsed.

• I think that the people that built it did a poor job on it so thats why it collapsed and maybe they did not have the right material to build it so maybe thats why it did also. I would feel sad about it but there really no choice and just have to accept it.

• Improper engeneering makes the biggest differenc in the world, so I think being improper engenered is one hundred percent the reason why it did collapse.

Heart broken as usual if a reletive has passed. I'm notthe type of person to sue people or companies, so I would just mourn.

• I think it was a construction problem; by that I mean with either the materials or how it was built. I agree, they may have used cheaper materials as a way to save money. I would be devestated to hear one of my family members died by bridges. I personally do not like bridges, so I would be more terrified than I already am.  

• I would say the weather possibly could've caused it to collapse. I would be really sad because they died in such a horrible accident that could've been avoided. Hopefully they fix these problems in the future.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker