First diagnosed case of Ebola in Untied States

A patient  being treated at a Dallas Hospital is the first person diagnosed with Ebola in Untied States. The unidentified man left Liberia September 19 and arrived in Untied States on September 20 . He didn't have any symptoms,but four or five days later the man started to exhibits Ebola symptoms. Health officials wont release any information on how the patient contracted the virus. The city of Dallas has release said " that the patient moved from Dallas to Liberia a week ago". "It's severe disease, which has a high- case  fatality rate in Africa. Mr Friedan said a director of the (CDC) Central Disease Control and Prevention.  " The bottom line here is that i have no doubt that we will control this importation or this case of Ebola so that it does not spread widely in this country" said Mr. Friedan. Ebola is spread by direct contact with someone that is sick with the virus." That means people on the patient's flight are not though to be at risk, as he did not begin to show symptoms until several days after arriving in the Untied States." Friedan said he also quote "There is no doubt that we'll stop this in its tracks in the U.S. and also there no doubt that as long as the outbreak continues in Africa, we need to be on our guard." said Mr. Friedan 

do you think Ebola will spread why or why not

http://www.cnn.com/2014/09/30/health/ebola-us/index.html

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I believe it could possibly spread. It might be good for our country though, we are over populated.

• Well, if it down break out here it could very well be close to a second black death. Ebola is a deadly virus no matter where it spreads, and we hardly have the medical abilities to combat it. Essentially all we can do is help the people feel comfortable while they die, as the fatality rate is around 90%. If ebola has spread so quickly in Africa, how do you think it will spread here, where we have metropolises, mass transit, huge urban areas and above average rural populations? 

Luckily the only Ebola victims in the US are currently on lockdown, being transported by armored caravans, and not likely to spread the disease.

• Yes it will spread, not in the US, but in more countries in Africa.  We have better technology, doctors and better hospitals to help care for the people that have it here in the US.  In Africa they live in poor conditions that make outbreaks like these easier to spread around to different places.

• It will probably spread in different countries but not so much in the US. There is only a couple in the US so it won't spread too easily. 

• well it already has spreaded but just not in the US. It is very hard to get. Also we live in the US and it is in southwest Africa so I wouldn't be worried about having 4 or 5 US people that have. we will be fine

• it could spread, but americans have more information about it and will probably go to see a doctor if they have the symptoms, and i believe we could stop it from spreading 

• I think its very scary how severe and how much this disease is starting to spread to the Unites States slowly. I'm hoping that they get a cure for this before it spreads even more and we cant do anything about it! I think there is a chance it could spread here very easily.

• I do think it's scary that this disease has now spread to America, but I don't think that it will spread very much or at all. We have very good doctors, hospitals, and technology over here especially when compared to third world countries like some in Africa. While I do think we need to be aware of the disease and the very small possibility of it spreading, I don't think we should be overly worried or concerned about it.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker