FedEx Kidnapping

On November, 30 a 7-year-old girl was taken from her front yard. The FedEx driver, Tanner Lynn Horner, was delivering the young girl's Christmas present when he took her. Athena's mother, Maitlyn, called for stricter screening policies for FedEx drivers. Athena and her family lived in Wise County, Texas. Her mother states, “I was robbed of watching her grow up, by a man that everyone was supposed to be able to trust to do just one simple task – deliver a Christmas present and leave.”

A county-wide search was conducted and her body was found that Friday afternoon. It is believed that she was killed within an hour of her kidnapping. The cause of Athena's death is still unknown, as the investigation is still ongoing. The suspect is being held in Wise County jail with a $1.5 bond. He is set to have charges for aggravated kidnapping and capital murder. 

Horner said that he accidentally hit the girl with his delivery truck. He panicked and even though she was not seriously injured he took her with him. Horner was worried that she would tell her father what had happened. I cannot imagine how this family feels after losing their daughter. I'm sure the 7-year-old was terrified when she was taken and had no clue what was happening.

Do you think the driver hit the little girl first?

Should the driver be sentenced to life in jail? If not, what do you think his sentence should be?

https://www.cnn.com/2022/12/08/us/texas-athena-strand-kidnapping-christmas-present/index.html

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I agree, he should've told the parents and this situation could have been better. 

• I dont really know if he kidnapped her just for her or hit her with the truck. I do think that the driver should be sentenced for life becaus weather he accedentally hit her or not he should have told her parents instead of killing her. I think that he should be sentenced for life for taking her life from her and for the sadness he has caused to the family.

• Yes he should definitely be sentenced for life. 

• No, I dont think he hit the little girl first. I think he just wanted to kidnapp her and tried using that to cover it up. Yes, I think the driver should be sentenced to life in jail. Because, he kidnapped a seven year old then murdered her. Imagine how her family would feel if they knew the man that killed and kidnapped there daughter is out living his life. 

• Yes he should get life in prison. The family would be terrified if he got out. 

• I do think that he hit her with the truck before he kidnapped her. I think he should spend the rest of his life in prison because he kidnapped a seven year old and killed her, he also destroyed this family and her parents have been left with no daughter.

• Yes, he destroyed her family. 

• I think the driver did hit the little girl first. I think he should have a life sentence for doing this horrible act. NO one should have to go through what this little girl went through. Some people just have messed up minds and deserve help but also need to be put away.

• Yes, it is not fair to the little girl, she didn't do anything to deserve it. 

• I think that the driver maybe did hit the little girl, and I think that is very wrong and no one should do that. I think the driver could've handled it way better than he did, and I think he should have a life sentence because like you said, the 7-year-old girl had to be terrified. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker