FedEx driver kidnaps and murders a young girl.

A 31 year old man, Tanner Lynn Horner, kills a young 7 year old girl whose name was Athena, this all occured in Texas. Tanner Lynn Horner is now charged with aggravated kidnapping and capital murder. Tanner claimed he hit Athena with his truck but she was not injured severely in any way. After hitting the girl he took her into his truck and even told her his name. Tanner admitted that he was worried the girl would tell her father so he kidnapped and killed her. He not only admitted to the murder, but even told where to find her. They then found her body southeast of the city, Boyd. (Which was about 11 miles from them.) As you could and would expect, Gandy, Athena's mother, was devastated. She said, "I was supposed to bring Athena back home to Oklahoma after Christmas break. Now instead, Athena will be cremated and she will come home in an urn because I am not anywhere close to being ready to let my baby go."

Overall, what this man did was extremely wrong, and he should have just accepted what he did. I think he should have just gone to the door and admitted what he did. I know and understand that he was panicked, but that still doesn’t defend any part of what he did. 

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/fedex-driver-allegedly-told-investigators-texas-girl-was-still-alive-s-rcna60874

What do you think he should have done?

What charges do you think he should have?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Great job repying to students Bailey! I do think your summary is bref overall.

• I think that he should of done a better job at checking his surroundings to avoid the incedent all together. He should never be allowed to walk free another day in his life for what he did to that girl. It was said in an article that he tryed snapping her neck and failed so he proceeded to strangle her and for that he should never see the light of day again.

• The FedEx driver an idiot for doing such a thing like this not only did he make a very dumb decision by not just simply confronting the parents about what happened. Instead, this man and the genius idea to kidnap her and murder her. He definitely made the situation worse for himself. I think he should get charged with murder and kidnapping because that is in fact what he did and he deserves to get punished for it even though he confessed it is still wrong of him to do this.

• The Fed Ex driver is a absoulte idiot and needs to be killed like the little girl. I hope in his jail cell he drops his soap and feels what it feels like, She was so young to even be kidnapped or murdered but the worst was rape. How, how dos you have the guts to put something in a little kids body.

• In my personal opinion, I think that the Fed Ex driver made a horrible decision that day, and I don't know why he would do such a thing to that little girl. I think that since he both kidnapped, raped, and murdered the innocent girl, he should receive charges for all of those which would result to him being in prison for a very long time.

• In my opinion, I think that the Fed Ex driver made a terrible decision, and I am not really sure what he was thinking. Since he both kidnapped and murdered her, the charges he's facing are going to be much more severe than what they would've been. 

• In my opinion that war absolutely terrible and people should be tested and trusted before they can get the job. The driver shouldn't of panicked and should of contacted someone before he started to kill her. People in this world, are getting dumber every day.

• I think that what the driver did was terrible and the last thing he should have done. There are so many other things he should have done. He may have gotten into a little trouble for hitting the girl, but kidnapping her and killing her was awful. I think he should be charged with many different things.

• I think the drivers decision was absolutely terrible and he should be charged with a lot of stuff. He should have contacted the parent or called for help. He should not have panicked and should have at least tried to contact someone.

• I think the decision he made was terrible and in panic. He should've went to the door and alerted her parent about what he did may he have got arrested and sent to prison but prison time isn't bad enough for a chumbo. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker