FedEx driver kidnaps and murders a young girl.

A 31 year old man, Tanner Lynn Horner, kills a young 7 year old girl whose name was Athena, this all occured in Texas. Tanner Lynn Horner is now charged with aggravated kidnapping and capital murder. Tanner claimed he hit Athena with his truck but she was not injured severely in any way. After hitting the girl he took her into his truck and even told her his name. Tanner admitted that he was worried the girl would tell her father so he kidnapped and killed her. He not only admitted to the murder, but even told where to find her. They then found her body southeast of the city, Boyd. (Which was about 11 miles from them.) As you could and would expect, Gandy, Athena's mother, was devastated. She said, "I was supposed to bring Athena back home to Oklahoma after Christmas break. Now instead, Athena will be cremated and she will come home in an urn because I am not anywhere close to being ready to let my baby go."

Overall, what this man did was extremely wrong, and he should have just accepted what he did. I think he should have just gone to the door and admitted what he did. I know and understand that he was panicked, but that still doesn’t defend any part of what he did. 

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/fedex-driver-allegedly-told-investigators-texas-girl-was-still-alive-s-rcna60874

What do you think he should have done?

What charges do you think he should have?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I think that he should have gone to the door and told someone instead of taking her and killing her. He should have taken her to the ER right away. A couple of years for this murder isn't enough. He should be sentenced to 50 years to life in prison.

• I agree, she was just a little kid and didn't know any better, but he is a grown adult and should known to tell the parents.

• I think that he should have owned up to it and should have taken her to the hospital to be checked out. Yeah he probaly panicked but he could of def of went about it different instead of killing her. I think he should face life rather then a couple years. 

• I think he should have came foward with it and accepted what he did. I understand the panic he had but that isn't an exucse to kill the young girl. Now he will face more problems then the orignal problems. Either way there was no reason to kill the young girl. 

• I agree, panic doesn't give anyone the right to kill a young girl, or even anyone for that matter.

• The guy should have taken her to the hospital to be evaluated. The girl did not deserve to die. As long as it was an accident he hit her there should be no major charges. He should be charged with murder and many other things. He should probably be locked up for the rest of his life.

• I think he could have just drove away and got less jail time. I understand that a panic is normal. But killing her was extreme and left longer and more painful consiquences. I think he should have life in prison. This is still consitered murder, even with "the panic".

• I agree, he should have told the parents or simply drove away, his punishments would have been much better.

• I think that he should have checked up on her and offered her a ride where she needed to go or taken her to the hospital then get ahold of the parents that way because any way is better than having someone kidnap your daughter and kill her over getting hit slightly with a car.

• In any situation like this, murder is the wrong thing to do. He should've just gone to the police or the girl's parents and told them what he had done and he would've been able to move on with his life much earlier. Now that he both kidnapped and murdered her, the charges he's facing are going to be much more severe than what they would've been. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker