FDA puts a stop on "illegal" cancer treatments

The Food and Drug Administration is putting an end to products that claim to cure or prevent cancer. Once it was believed to be "cruel deception", the FDA sent out multiple warnings to over 10 companies that were selling the fraudulent products, such as creams, ointments, pills, etc.. The companies are required by law to either rid of the products or stop claiming to cure, diagnose, or prevent cancer. If the companies fail to do that, legal action will be taken. Most of the companies have decided to pull the products from the market, while some have deleted all advertising for the product. The reason they want to get rid of these products is because a person could end up relying on them and prevent them from seeking actual treatment.

Read story here

- If you were one of the companies, would you choose to stop selling the product, change advertising, or not do anything at all? Why?

- Does it make sense that the FDA would want to stop the companies? Explain.

---

Opinion:

I would choose to stop selling it because the products could be harmful to consumers. 

Yes, because the companies shouldn't falsely claim that they have any effect on cancer if they don't. It also keeps people from getting help for their cancer.

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I would choose to stop selling the product if it could be dangerous to lifestyles. I think it makes sense. They FDA just wants to prevent any harm that could come to the consumers of the medications. 

• I would stop selling these products, people who may buy this project could be hurt by these products. Yes these products shouldnt be telling people that they cure cancer if the actually dont. 

• in my opinion I would stop selling the medicine so it doesn't hurt anymore people. I feel they should make something better that will actually help. I think the FDA should stop selling it if its not helping anyone.

• I would stop selling the medication because there are treatments that can help the patient. And if the companies aren't actually helping the patient then it should stop. I think the FDA should do this because medication that isn't helping patient should not be sold.

• That's true, the patient should be able to get the help they need and not fall to false products that claim to help them. They're is no point to keep selling the product if it's not really helping the person. 

• I would choose to stop selling the product because If people know that it doesn't cure cancer and that it's illegal no one would want to buy it.  The medicine would probably hurt the business more than anything. Yes it makes sense because it is their job to stop fake advertisements and that medicine, ointment, lotion could be wasting money for the consumers.  

• I agree, the amount of consumers for the product would be extremely low and they should might as well stop selling the product. Claiming false things is deceiving.  

• I would stop selling the product and make something that would help the patient out more. It does make sense the FDA would try and stop the production of this product because it isn't working. 

• If my product has been proven to prevent cancer, I wouldn't take it off the label. I wouldn't change anything in advertising at all. If my product hasn't had much research, then I would change the label and advertising. I can see why the FDA wants to remove these products. People may have a false sense of hope, or rely on these products too much.

• That's true, but I think most of these companies don't do anything for cancer and are just false advertising. Although some of them might actually have an effect on cancer. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker