The 8th Fast and Furious crossed the finish line on Monday as the biggest global opening in movie history. The Fast and Furious franchise pulled in $532 million dollars just in the first weekend. This new film beat the global record held by Star Wars: "The force Awakens" which made $529 million on the first weekend. Fast and Furious 8 also made history by making the franchise $433.2 million overseas on the first weekend. 

Did you go see the new Movie? If so what did you think?

Do you think the Fast and Furious movies will continue to get better? 

Full Story here

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Be sure to include your thoughts into your summary. Also be sure to reply to student comments as it is worth 20 points. -5 late

• I didn't not go see this movie but I would like to go see. I have always been a fan of these movies and I want to see what they have in store for this movies. I'm not sure if the movies can continue getting better. The first movie came out 16 years ago. I think that the movies are eventually go to have to come to an end. 

• I didn't go see the movie yet. I really want to see it though. I've heard it is really good. I would believe it's an awesome movie like the previous ones. It has a lot of potential for it. I don't know how long they can continue this franchise. I mean it's a very good story, but it's been going for a long time now.

• I have not seen the movie yet but I hear that it is really good. I think that they will continue to get better each time like it has so far with the other movies.

• I thought it was awesome and I don't know if they will make many more movies because of Paul Walker's death.

• I agree with those of you who have seen it. It was a good movie but not the best. I thought this new one would be even better than the first 7, but it was just alright. I think that the movies will continue to get better with all this new technology. 

• I have not seen fate of the furious yet  but will probably see it eventually. from what I have seen in the trailers the movie looks awesome and action packed.  but when you say will it get better the title 'fate of the furious' makes the impression that this is the final movie in the franchise. though the money made by this movie may let them overlook that impression we'll have to wait and see.      

• I have not seen this particular Fast and Furious movie yet, but I have seen a few other movies in this series. So far, I have been very impressed by the series, so I have high expectations for this movie! I have seen the 5th, 6th, and 7th movies, and I am hoping to watch the entire series before I watch the 8th movie. I know that many people consider this series to be one of the best ever made, so I hope these movies continue to get better and better! 

• I love the Fast and Furious series but sadly I wasn't able to watch the 8th part yet. I heard though that it is supposed to be pretty good. I am not sure if it continues to get better and better. I mean yes the cars will get faster and the locations fancier, but after Paul Walker died and his character disappeared, it just won't be the same anymore. I am pretty sure it's still awesome but we'll have to see if it continues to get better and better. I certainly hope though that after the "Fate of the Furious", more parts are going to be produced.

• I have not seen this movie. I don't think they will get better. Honestly, every plot of the Fast and Furious movies are relatively the same. I think 8 movies, in the same series, is way to much. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker