During the New York Yankees and Atlanta Braves game on Saturday, 60 year old, Gregory K. Murray, has lost his life. He was yelling at Alex Rodriquez, losses his balance, and fell from the upper deck and landed 50 feet down on cement, striking a railing on the way down. He had received emergency medical assistance at the scene then taken on a stretcher to the hospital. Later that night, he was pronounced dead. Greg was always heard to be a valued fan and a longtime season-ticket holder for the Braves. 

Questions- 

1. What would your reaction be if you were in the lower deck and this guy fell close to you?

2. What would you do/think if you were in the same section as Greg? 

Link

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• It would be very scary to see that! I would try and help as much as I could, but I don't think there would be much I could help with. 

• I would be so scared and like cry for him and be wondering where he came from and try to give him help or call for help right away and see if anyone can help save him. I would think that it no secured enough that someone else could fall and get hurt so i think they need to change that and make it safer than what it was before so nobody else gets hurt.

• I agree, it would be really scary to see something like this happen! This hasn't been the first death at this stadium so I think they need to change something in order to prevent that kind of stuff from happening. 

• I probably would freak out, i wouldn't know what to do I probably would try to help him before the people from the hospital come. If i was in the same section as greg and i was a little older I would tell him to calm down before he gets hurt and if i saw him fall i wouldn't be able to do anything to help him i would be shocked that he fell. 

• I know and I agree with you completely! It would be a very tragic event that happened. I personally wouldn't know what to do if I were in either positions. 

• I would pry be like really freaked out, and would try and get help and stay out of the way.

I would be mad because I find those types of fans really rude and annoying, like other people are trying to enjoy the game they don't need someone rudely screaming at a player who made a mistake. 

• In all the excitement, it would all depend on how close you were to the guy to actually notice. The news might spread through the crowd anyway and the game might stop so everyone would eventually find out. 

• I think that this is really sad because nobody should have to worry about things like this when going to watch a game and have fun. I think that they need to put up a higher railing or something to prevent something like this from happening again. The people who built this stadium should've looked over their safety rules/ requirements before they opened the stadium.

• I also agree with that. I also read that this isn't the only death that has happened at this stadium. There has been multiple deaths. 

• It would scare me and I would wonder what just happened. I don't know what I would do, it probably happened so fast that people couldn't catch him.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker