Faith In Humanity Restored

A Cafeteria worker named Jess saves what little money she makes every year and donates toys to children hospitals around the nation. She says that she has donated over 1,000 toys and just recently she got a big surprise when Toys R' Us donated $5,000 to her cause for toys for children this year. She says she does it just to "pay it forward" and "everyone should do what they can to support the less fortunate even if you don't make that much money. 

Questions 

1. What do you think about this women did?

2. Would you ever do anything like this?

I feel like this is defiantly a very nice thing to do and it shows that you don't need a lot to make an impact on peoples lives. I'm not sure if I would do something like this, I would like to say that I would but I'm not sure.

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I think it a good thing and is making the poor feel better about there situation

i would if i had the money to do so 

• It is amazing how someone can save that much money and buy that many toys. If I set my mind to it, I could try.

• I think that it is a good thing that she does that. Yes if I had the time to do something like that I would do my best to help.

• I think that it is a great thing that she does every year for the children. I would love to do something like this and make an impact on their lives.

• I think this lady is a generous person that is doing something great. It shows how kind she is because she doesn't make a lot of money, but she still saves some money to buy kids gifts. I don't know if I would do this.

• it might seem like a small act but it's really amazing because she would donate from what little she had to kids that needed it for comfort. she is such a good person and i only wish the best for her. i would definitely help people with what little i have because even if you have a small piece of brad you should share it because you never know who is going to help you in the future, because what goes around comes around. she shows so much courage that i have so much respect for her.

• Christmas is such a time for giving and this act of kindness is truly special. It is really an interesting idea for a community service project and I love this idea so I would defiantly want to try something like this one time or another. I think this truly is a special story.  

• Not many people would sacrifice that much to donate toys to kids they most likely don't know. Money is already tight around the holidays and a selfless act like this shows how amazing of a person this women is. I would attempt, but it would be a difficult task to accomplish, and that is what shows how nice people can be in a world that is so mean.

• I think that what she did is a very kind act and more people should be this way.  Every time I see instances of where I could help such as the bell ringers for salvation army or donating clothes to good will I try to do this with the help of my Mom.  

• I think that she did a very selfless task and even though she doesn't have a whole lot of money to spare, she donates it to buy children's toys. This is an incredible thing that I think everyone should attempt to donate or do some other type of charity around Christmas. I would try to donate or do some other type of service around the holidays that could help others.   

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker