Extraterrestrial life/ Alien life?

Extraterrestrial life is life that does not originate from Earth. It is unknown whether or not life exists on other planets in our solar system or beyond, but research scientists with organizations such as the Planetary Society and the SETI Institute do conduct searches for extraterrestrial life. NASA has sent missions to Mars to try to determine if life exists on the planet, but has not found definitive evidence one way or the other. Some scientists feel that the universe is so vast, it is improbable for life not to exist elsewhere.

They believe Venus, Mars and the moons of Jupiter and Saturn are the most likely places to harbor life in our solar system. Others contend that if life existed elsewhere in the universe, we would have found it by now. They believe Earth is the only planet capable of supporting life. I believe that extraterrestrial life is real. It wouldn’t make any sense that the human race is the only race in the universe.

1. Why should we look for life on other planets? 
  2. Why shouldn't we look for life?
  3. Do you believe that extraterrestrial life is real?

Sources:

How NASA could determine aliens are real and tells the world

Extraterrestrial life | Definition, SETI, & Facts | Britannica

Extraterrestrial Life News and Research - Scientific American

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Good topic choice +5! I do think your summary could be longer and also be sure to reply a few more times on three different days.

• I personally don't think we need to waste time, money, and resources on looking for other life forms that may not exist. There is no proof that anything else is out there, but there is also no proof that there isn't anything out there. But, even if there is, why do we need to find it, it's a waste.

• I don't think we should look for life on other planets I think it would be a waste of time and money when we could be using it on something that will benefit society. Although I think it is possible that there is life out there I don't think it's worth exploring.

• I don't think that we should look for life on other planets because it is a waste of time, there is no life in the milky way, and to get to other galaxies would take hundreds of years. I think that e.t. life is real, I just don't think that we can find it because it could be super close, or It could be trillions of light years away. you just can tell.

• In my personal opinion I think that it would be ignorant and naive to believe that we are the only form of life in the entire universe. The universe is simply too large for it to be probable that we are the only ones out there. I think that finding life on other planets would greatly help our understanding of life on our own planet.

• I think that their is a good chance that extraterrestrial life is real considering how big the universe is. I think it is cool that people are looking for other life forms and exploring space. The only bad thing about this is how much time and money it takes. 

• I think looking for life on other planets is a good idea because with contamination and all the envirnomental problems we are having now it could help. I think the only reason why people may not want to look for life is because it takes a lot of time and money. I personally do not believe there is extraterrestrial life. 

• I think that looking for life on other planets is awesome. Just the thought of new life out there, whether it's plant or human-like, is just awe-inspiring to me. I think the main downside to searching for another life would be if said life is hostile. We're taught from movies that all aliens are these weapon-bearing green men with ill intent, but I think that there is life out there, but not in the green and googly-eyed form we're expecting.

• I think it would be cool if their was extraterrestrail life. I mean in the huge uninverse there must be, there is problably things out there in the universe that we cant even imagine. Why not look for life, it would be super interesting. So yeah I do belive there is extraerrestrial life.

•  I agree looking for other planets but not necessarily life on the planets. Can we find other life forms, but I think that it’s a good thing to protect the people from the truth. I think the biggest problem of space travel is the unknown and not being able to communicate with other life. It might be dangerous for us or our earth very badly and a miscommunication that can cause us to flee or protect ourselves.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker